body work on 35 looking for hinge parts

/ body work on 35 looking for hinge parts #1  

bob2299

Bronze Member
Tractor
Bobcat ct230, 35 hp Massey Furgeson 3Cyl Diesel
hello I have finally decided to re paint the old 35, banged all the dents out yesterday, then spent hours on the internet looking for the top hinge asembly,

On top of the hood their is an acces door to the fuel cap, those are the hinge i am looking for, any idea on where i can get this, I dont enev know what they look like, no thats not totaly true, I have half the hinge

The part that is bolted to the small access cover, (flat bar with a curve) those i have, they are all bent. But i could heat and re bend them, its the other part of the hinge i do not have, if i knew what they look like, i may ge able to make some, if i cannot find some already made, but a picture would help

Thnx

/ body work on 35 looking for hinge parts #2  
Push come to shove. Piano hinges come in assorted sizes and lengths. Easily tack welded. Some pictures of the access cover your working on would be helpful.

/ body work on 35 looking for hinge parts #3  
hello I have finally decided to re paint the old 35, banged all the dents out yesterday, then spent hours on the internet looking for the top hinge asembly,

On top of the hood their is an acces door to the fuel cap, those are the hinge i am looking for, any idea on where i can get this, I dont enev know what they look like, no thats not totaly true, I have half the hinge

The part that is bolted to the small access cover, (flat bar with a curve) those i have, they are all bent. But i could heat and re bend them, its the other part of the hinge i do not have, if i knew what they look like, i may ge able to make some, if i cannot find some already made, but a picture would help

Thnx

Snipped this from AGCO Parts Books sign in as GUEST. I don't know which part you are describing but knowing the part number you need then call around to a AGCO MF dealer to see if the part in available. If not then you'll have a QUEST calling salvage yards. View attachment 320962

/ body work on 35 looking for hinge parts
Snipped this from AGCO Parts Books sign in as GUEST. I don't know which part you are describing but knowing the part number you need then call around to a AGCO MF dealer to see if the part in available. If not then you'll have a QUEST calling salvage yards. View attachment 320962

hey that AGCO site is great thnx

I dont know how to attach a picture or a scan, but if you open AGCO then choose search by model put in 35 then Massey ferguson click search
scroll down to MF 35/35 X Tractors 819045. once in their choos Hood

I need part 9, 3, 8, and 15

thnx

/ body work on 35 looking for hinge parts #5  
Bob, if yo have Windows Vista or 7+ snippet is in the accessories . A very helpful screen capturing utility. On Agco parts book site if running windows and have Siverlight installed you can print the page viewing and also print the parts list with numbers.

To attach a photo in your message. First it must reside on your local computer. Above the text entry window where you type your reply there is a row of icons. When you place the cursor over the square picture frame text will appear "insert Image. Click it and it will open a min windows explorer to allow you to find the photo you saved. Find it, click it, then upload to attach to the message.

You will see some text added to your typed in text saying attachment. I allways press enter on the last line of text before I insert a picture to keep from dropping it in the middle of a sentence. Good luck. -kid

/ body work on 35 looking for hinge parts
Thnx for all the help

with the hinge picture from AGCO, I will be able to make my own, like I said I am a license auto body technician, or was, now I just do it has a hobby, and you are right piano hinge would work, but...... no. I am missing part #3 but think I can make my own, will repair part # 8

I would like to make it has original has possible, and like you it's not for show, I intend to work with it, my idea is to leave the back hoe attachment on the Ck230 Bob Cat, and use this one for everything else. tired of taking the backhoe off every time I want to brush hog, or till the garden, or grade the drive way, drive way is a mile long.

One thing I did not do was take picture of before I took it apart, I will take picture of it apart, and then once it's done,

thnx for the help on how to post picture, I will try it soon.