1964 model 165 Diesel/ Oil Leak

/ 1964 model 165 Diesel/ Oil Leak #1  

jfbnntt61

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 165 Diesel
I was grading the driveway the other day and noticed a decent amount of oil between the engine and tranny. It was on top of the bellhousing and running down. Could this be coming from the oil pan gasket or what? Also, where is the best place online to purchase the manuals for the 165? I assume the owns, parts, and service manuals are still available. I would like them on CD, if possible.

Last edited:
   / 1964 model 165 Diesel/ Oil Leak #2  
G'day if it is on top of the outside of the bellhousing and running down then it is prob a rocker cover gasket or an oil pressure gauge feed line, I doubt very much it is the pan gasket and blowing up to the top of the trans.

Have a bit of a clean down and check the oil level before starting then start it up if it is a constant stream then it will be an oil press line, it will usually take a fair while for a rocker cover gasket to leak down the back

Jon

/ 1964 model 165 Diesel/ Oil Leak
I cleaned it up and ran it again and no oil on top of bellhousing. I did notice that a small drip of oil coming from below though. I checked with the previous owner and he used Rotella 15w40. A friend told me that the rear main seal was probably the problem. I guess buying old tractors can get a little frustrating. Can you advise on adjusting the multipower shift linkage. It wants to stay in low.