Z134 Water pump pulley and crank pulley do not line up

/ Z134 Water pump pulley and crank pulley do not line up #1  

Gpops

Tractor
1965 MF135, Kubota B2301HSD
In course of going through my MF135 - Z134 engine I decided to replace the water pump. The replacement pump has the fan pulley 3/8 inch further away from the engine than the original pump and does not line up with the the crank pulley by that much.

Called another parts vendor and asked them to measure the pump they had in stock. Theirs measured the same difference of 3/8 inch and will also not line up correctly.

Questions are can I rebuild the original pump or is it possible to swap pulley housings? Worse case can I safely shim the the crank pulley from behind (engine side)? Or is the belt likely to stay on due to relatively low rpms.

Thanks in advance for any help. Will be out of town for a week and unable to reply to posts

/ Z134 Water pump pulley and crank pulley do not line up #2  
In course of going through my MF135 - Z134 engine I decided to replace the water pump. The replacement pump has the fan pulley 3/8 inch further away from the engine than the original pump and does not line up with the the crank pulley by that much.

Called another parts vendor and asked them to measure the pump they had in stock. Theirs measured the same difference of 3/8 inch and will also not line up correctly.

Questions are can I rebuild the original pump or is it possible to swap pulley housings? Worse case can I safely shim the the crank pulley from behind (engine side)? Or is the belt likely to stay on due to relatively low rpms.

Thanks in advance for any help. Will be out of town for a week and unable to reply to posts

Sounds like you could have the wrong pump.

A snipping from AGCO Parts Books

Verify your part numbers from the illustration.

The snippet is showing water pump for a MF135 SPECIAL which I'm told has the Z134 engine. ~kid

View attachment 326477

/ Z134 Water pump pulley and crank pulley do not line up #3  
I'm betting you got the water pump for the Z145 engine...I replaced mine about 4 months ago...I do believe they are different for the Z134 engine....BobG in VA

/ Z134 Water pump pulley and crank pulley do not line up #4  
I'm betting you got the water pump for the Z145 engine...I replaced mine about 4 months ago...I do believe they are different for the Z134 engine....BobG in VA

according to agcopartsbooks.com the pumps and pulleys are the same for a Z134 and Z145 engines.

/ Z134 Water pump pulley and crank pulley do not line up #5  
There is no pulley shroud on the Z145 (I think item 33) BobG in VA

/ Z134 Water pump pulley and crank pulley do not line up
Thanks to all that replied

/ Z134 Water pump pulley and crank pulley do not line up #7  

If your tractor has the pully shroud it looks like you can use it with or without. I don't know how thich it is but remove it from the front if yours has one and check spacing.

View attachment 328773

As mentioned the shroud is not on the deluxe. Push come to shove flat washers behind the crank as you mentioned could work as well.

The pully is heat shrunk to the shalt. I am thinking if you bought a rebuild kit the shaft front end might could be ground enough to line up. Of coarse that would depend on how much clearance between the pully and the waterpump housing. -kid