The Restore Begins

/ The Restore Begins
It might be buggered up on one end. After prying up the lock try pushing it out in the other direction.

Will try again tomorrow let soak. Thanks Kid. same seat.

/ The Restore Begins
No dice on the pin so I started taking the front sheet metal off. Boy was it hiding a lot of junk. Took the whole front off in 1 piece and disassembled it on the ground. Them bolts were put in in 1967 so coming off is hard. Need to get a grill assembly soon so I can mock it up. Next, fenders. Tried changing regulator and still not showing a charge. Plan B?

/ The Restore Begins #13  
No dice on the pin so I started taking the front sheet metal off. Boy was it hiding a lot of junk. Took the whole front off in 1 piece and disassembled it on the ground. Them bolts were put in in 1967 so coming off is hard. Need to get a grill assembly soon so I can mock it up. Next, fenders. Tried changing regulator and still not showing a charge. Plan B?

Pictures? Thread sucks without pictures. :)

Look for some good used sheet metal. The fitment is superior over new. Work those 11/16" bolts up front till you can just about screw them in by hand. I noticed your front grill bar was aftermarket. You should be able to find a good used one. They are made of aluminum. I used two modified auto trim clips to secure it thru the front mesh to the front nosecone. There is a vendor on eBay who sells a brand new front emblem that fits on the bar for around 58 bucks plus shipping in England. You may be able to get both bar and emblem from places like Tractor Parts ASAP which has several bone yards. Your fender bolts may be a PITA too. I had to cut one of mine off and beat it out. Get it up on jack stands which makes it a bit easier to work around. -kid

/ The Restore Begins
Your right Kid, Pics coming.

/ The Restore Begins
Here's some Pics

Attachments

• 2013_0802MasseyStart8-20001.jpg
    2013_0802MasseyStart8-20001.jpg
    710.9 KB · Views: 190
  • 2013_0802MasseyStart8-20002.jpg
    2013_0802MasseyStart8-20002.jpg
    766 KB · Views: 177
  • 2013_0802MasseyStart8-20003.jpg
    2013_0802MasseyStart8-20003.jpg
    1,006.3 KB · Views: 194
  • 2013_0802MasseyStart8-20004.jpg
    2013_0802MasseyStart8-20004.jpg
    1,014 KB · Views: 177
   / The Restore Begins #16  
Looks like quite a job. Looking forward to watching your progress.

Vic

/ The Restore Begins #17  
Picture of the seat. That rust thru is typical. New seat pans are exact fit. It looks like your seat pin may be flared causing it not to pass through the rolled slot. Looking at the radiator. Now you know why they put an access door on the front so you can inspect for that kind of buildup. None of it looks bad though. Just looks like a well used tractor. How about the nosecone. Any rust of the bottom side. Mine was eat up with rust and not salvageable. -kid

/ The Restore Begins
Nose cone has a small ding but no rust. Soaking box leveling arm in Kroil as it is seized up.

/ The Restore Begins
Well I finally got it in place in the new barn and the radiator starts leaking. I guess is recore time or should I just replace it?

/ The Restore Begins #20  
Really neat restore, murph. I'd replace the radiator, myself, if possible.