The Restore Begins

/ The Restore Begins #21  
New radiators are around $200 shipped. Make sure the bolt ends are not boogered up so as they won't tighten good. If the slots are in good shape a recore may be cheaper. There are pads the radiator sits on. If you have acccess to some thick rubber sheeting it will work just as well.

/ The Restore Begins
Anyone have an Idea how the rear fenders come off? Are those Rivets on the bottom three connections?

/ The Restore Begins #23  
Anyone have an Idea how the rear fenders come off? Are those Rivets on the bottom three connections?

They should bolt on just like the clamshell I would think to the axle. I'd have to consult the partsbook to be sure. Now on the clamshell where the hoop frame attaches at the bottom with three rivits. But n mine the fenders both to the axle. Two bolts for each side.

/ The Restore Begins
They should bolt on just like the clamshell I would think to the axle. I'd have to consult the partsbook to be sure. Now on the clamshell where the hoop frame attaches at the bottom with three rivits. But n mine the fenders both to the axle. Two bolts for each side.

But those are rivets that connect to the fender mount? Need to ground these off to change fenders.

/ The Restore Begins #25  
Take a cutting wheel and cut the rivits off from the inside. Then punch them out. Replace with carriage bolts to match the old rivits.

/ The Restore Begins
Take a cutting wheel and cut the rivits off from the inside. Then punch them out. Replace with carriage bolts to match the old rivits.

Sounds like a plan, thanks. Do you know where to get replacement Power steering hoses?

/ The Restore Begins #27  
If you take your old hoses to a hydraulic shop. They can custom make the ends and put those nice quad crimps on the ends. Those hoses have some weird bends. Kinda remind me of a 66 mustang with PS I used to own.

/ The Restore Begins
Starting to take off the fender bolts at the Axles man are they stuck! Any Ideas to get them off? Hard to hit where their at.

/ The Restore Begins #29  
Use a half inch drive with a cheater bar. In fact it might require two cheater bars. On to secure each end. I had to cut one bolt in two if you remember. Have you removed the wheel for better clearance?

/ The Restore Begins
Use a half inch drive with a cheater bar. In fact it might require two cheater bars. On to secure each end. I had to cut one bolt in two if you remember. Have you removed the wheel for better clearance?

Got the nut loose can.t get the bolt out. Its rusted to the axle. Took a service jack and jacked it up on the nut still stuck.