Should I just sell it for scrap

/ Should I just sell it for scrap #1  

Peterpiper

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 135
I took this MS 135 apart today to see why the lift wasn't working.
This is what I found.
I'm not really comfortable as to how the linkages work, (I removed the 2 bolts "from the left/pto control, holding some aluminum thing, soas to not damage anything).
I'm wondering about the pipe that is not seated in the hole. WHY?
And of course all the broken parts.
Could I run it this way?
Thanks,
Gary

Attachments

• Tractor case 2.jpg
    Tractor case 2.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 372
  • Tractor case.jpg
    Tractor case.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 363
   / Should I just sell it for scrap #2  
Trying to make out the pics on my smartphone- small pic and bad eyes!

I had a MF65- I think the metal and bronze parts are from your hydraulic pump. There is a metal pipe that runs from the bottom up the the cover for draft control. I would image with loose parts cleaned out that your PTO would work but no 3 pt function.
I got rid of the 65 and the manual for it so don't have any manual pics to share.
Good luck

/ Should I just sell it for scrap #3  
You can either fix it with new or used parts or part it out and make more than scrap...... So don't scrap.

/ Should I just sell it for scrap #4  
fix it. it's just hyd parts. from a 135.. I got to think there a ton of them out there.. so parts availability is great. even if you bought an entire rear section from a machine with a bad trans or blown engine..e tc.. sometimes cheaper that way...

/ Should I just sell it for scrap #5  
You can probably get a better idea of what you're up against by studying a repair manual. Do a little web searching and you might be pleasantly surprised at the price.

/ Should I just sell it for scrap #6  
a manual is a must. can't imagine owning thousands of dollars of cast iron and NOT owning a couple dozen in paper...

/ Should I just sell it for scrap
You are right hasmat. The pump broke apart. Thanks!
So I found a new one on ebay for 350. (I guess not too too bad). Should work as new when done.
Been reading about pump putting out too much pressure. I just hope I can figure out things so it won't break again.
Thanks everyone for your thoughts.
The only thing I can't figure out is where the spring came from?

Last edited:
   / Should I just sell it for scrap #8  
I took this MS 135 apart today to see why the lift wasn't working.
This is what I found.
I'm not really comfortable as to how the linkages work, (I removed the 2 bolts "from the left/pto control, holding some aluminum thing, soas to not damage anything).
I'm wondering about the pipe that is not seated in the hole. WHY?
And of course all the broken parts.
Could I run it this way?
Thanks,
Gary

Too many bone yards out there that could get you running again on the cheap. My vote is to fix it.

/ Should I just sell it for scrap
Thanks Kid,
I was able to find a new one and it was delivered in 3 days!
Now I have another question (besides where the spring came from?). I took the dashpot off by unbolting the (2) 1/4" bolts. Is that an acceptable way to put it back together?
Seems I read where ya might remove a "cam"?? to lift the cover off. I still don't see any type of cam.
Any thought are appreciated.
Gary

/ Should I just sell it for scrap #10  
Hey,the spring i think is from inside the draft control mechanism and if you are replacing the pump would be already installed in the draft control. Best of luck replacing the pump - it is quite easy job to do although i split my tractor to do mine so access was easier (I wouldn't do that unless you have a flat concrete workshop floor) - Al