Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Ferguson TO-30

Default what are the four holes for in the bottom of the TO-30 differential case?

Or more importantly, is it okay to use them for interfacing with a jack adapter plate? Holes are about 1/2" diameter on a 3.375" x 6" pattern. Need to lift up the back of the tractor to take one of the wheels off and was thinking about making a jack adapter plate that would have some 3/8"-diameter pins on it that stick into these holes. Other side would have a short length of tubing/pipe that the head of the jack would fit in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -30_bottom_of_diff-jpg  

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Ferguson TO-30

Default Re: what are the four holes for in the bottom of the TO-30 differential case?

Here's what I was envisioning. Plate is 1/4"; pins are 3/8" diameter and stick out 1/2".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -30_rear_jack_adapter_plate_model-png  

Tractor
    8N Ford

Default Re: what are the four holes for in the bottom of the TO-30 differential case?

I think it for use with a swinging draw bar if I'm not mistaken.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Ferguson TO-30

Any idea what size bolts? That would make the plate even simpler if I just drill holes in it and use bolts to attach it. The holes under there on mine were pretty dirty - they didn't appear to be threaded - maybe I need to get under there and clean them better.

Tractor
    Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y

5/8 x 1 3/8ths.coarse.
    Murph ------------

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Ferguson TO-30

Excellent - thanks! I'll have to get them cleaned out this weekend if it's not raining.

Tractor
    New Holland TD95D, Ford 4610 & Ferguson TO-30

Quote Originally Posted by dbotos View Post
    Or more importantly, is it okay to use them for interfacing with a jack adapter plate? Holes are about 1/2" diameter on a 3.375" x 6" pattern. Need to lift up the back of the tractor to take one of the wheels off and was thinking about making a jack adapter plate that would have some 3/8"-diameter pins on it that stick into these holes. Other side would have a short length of tubing/pipe that the head of the jack would fit in.
    They are for the drawbar.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Ferguson TO-30

Got the holes cleaned out this weekend. Good bit of dirt up in them. Used a combination of homemade thread chaser, a semi-spiraling o-ring pick, and a pipe brush to get it all out. They are indeed 5/8-11 with a thread depth of approximately 1.25".

Also changed the design of the plate so I can use some 1/4" x 4" flat stock I've got laying around:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -30_rear_jack_adapter_plate_model_rev_a-png  

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

All that work to take a wheel off? What are you taking it off for?
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains. Samuri Sickle bar.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Ferguson TO-30

It's not too bad - so far all I've done is futzed around on the computer with designs, laid under the tractor a little bit, and cut a few bolts down (the shortest 5/8-11s that Lowe's had were 2", so I cut them down to 1.375"). Figure it's worth a little time and material for the added peace of mind. I may have to add a hanging hole so I can put it up on the pegboard instead of rummaging and cursing when I need it again.

Left rear axle seal is leaking. Got oil down inside that wheel. The brakes weren't too confidence-inspiring last time I used the tractor, so I figured I'd better fix that before I use it again.

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast