Mf 135 auxillary hydraulic control

/ Mf 135 auxillary hydraulic control #1  

dexter9

Hello,

I have recently purchased a mf 135. I have also got the hold of a back loader(single acting ram). A very handy tool. At the minute I pull back on the position control and the ram on the loader goes up and then the 3 p.t linkage goes up. There is no way to just have the ram or the 3 p.t go up themselves at the minute. I have heard overs say about a hydraulic diverter and I'm curious to know how these work and if they would suit what I want.
Thanks in advance
Andrew

/ Mf 135 auxillary hydraulic control #2  
First off, What is a back loader??? I have never heard of an implement called this.

You probably have a hose coming off the top cover on the right had side of the tractor going to the auxiliary cylinder. When using a hookup such as this, according to my dealer, he says the proper way to operate the auxiliary cylinder without the three point moving is that you need to tie down the three point arms so the auxiliary cylinder is the only one that moves. I think this is explained in the operators manual. There was suppose to be an attachment to accomplish this. He said you could also chain the three point arms to the drawbar instead of the attachment. Does the back loader mount to the three point, if so this would not be a solution. The only other way to operate each independently, is to purchase a massey two spool auxiliary valve that replaces the transfer plate on the top of the transmission in front of the seat and in back of the shifters. With this system you operate the three point with the left handle and the auxiliary cylinder with the right handle. These are on e-bay and craigs list from time to time. let me know if you need any other info

namyessam

was thinking further on this issue and I think a diverter valve will only allow you to operate the three point or the auxiliary cylinder individually. The diverter is bolted in place of the transfer cover on top of the transmission by the gear shifts. This is the system I have seen here on the forum. with the diverter you would need to add at least a single spool valve after the diverter to operate the auxiliary cylinder and then add a return line back to the differential case. This is usually accomplished by drilling and tapping a hole in the top of the fill plug by the gear shift levers. you would then have to shift the diverter valve back to operate the three point. This would allow the pressure to the auxiliary cylinder to drop off if it has a small leak somewhere. I believe this information is accurate and someone more familiar with diverters can confirm this.

Last edited:
   / Mf 135 auxillary hydraulic control
Hi, how much would that be and how easy would it be to fit all this. Someone I know has put the relief spool valve into one of the
Openings on the left side of the tractor( as u look down from the seat). You said you didn't know what a backloader was so here is a pic of one of the Internet.

image-4179533315.jpg

I also Read somewhere that you can use the draft control (fast to slow) and when it's set to its minimum the arms won't move at all

/ Mf 135 auxillary hydraulic control #4  
Hi, how much would that be and how easy would it be to fit all this. Someone I know has put the relief spool valve into one of the
Openings on the left side of the tractor( as u look down from the seat). You said you didn't know what a backloader was so here is a pic of one of the Internet.

View attachment 346737

I also Read somewhere that you can use the draft control (fast to slow) and when it's set to its minimum the arms won't move at all

Where is the hydraulic supply from the tractor to the auxiliary cylinder hooked to. A picture would be a big help

Sorry, do you mean the hose or from the hydraulic tank to the spool fitting?

/ Mf 135 auxillary hydraulic control #6  
Sorry, do you mean the hose or from the hydraulic tank to the spool fitting?

I'm trying to understand how the hydraulic cylinder on the back loader is connected to the hydraulic system on the tractor.

I recently saw an auxiliary valve on craigs list but I could not find it tonight. It may have been sold and the listing removed.
\
namyessam

One single pipe coming from the ram to the auxillary spool valve on the tractor. Basically the same as a tipping trailer.

/ Mf 135 auxillary hydraulic control #8  
One single pipe coming from the ram to the auxillary spool valve on the tractor. Basically the same as a tipping trailer.

is your auxiliary valve a Massey attachment mounted to the top of the transmission in front of the seat or do you have a hydraulic hose hooked to the left side of the tractor hooked to an aftermarket auxiliary valve then hooked to the auxiliary cylinder? If so, Where is the return line to the differential housing? What ever the case, I don't think you can control the three point and the back loader individually without some other modification to the tractor hydraulic system or a complete auxiliary system driven from a pto pump or a front driven pump from the front pulley. This would require another pump and reservoir and possibly an aftermarket valve if you are not currently using one.

/ Mf 135 auxillary hydraulic control #9  
I have a similar question if you don't mind me asking it here.

. I have a 1976 MF 245 with a 1 spool valve. I want to remove that single spool and add a regular (non OEM) 3 spool valve. The tractor is on a remote property so I don't have it to look at right now. From my manual, I see I have a pressure line 23 and a return line 29 (I have live PTO). I am unsure what 30 and 33 tubes are. I assume this would be an open center and flowing back to the return line all the time? It does not look like I need a power beyond, that there is a separate pump for the remote aux?

Attachments

• image-2128312712.jpg
    image-2128312712.jpg
    375.7 KB · Views: 297
  • image-130600836.jpg
    image-130600836.jpg
    538.4 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Yes,, the single hydraulic hose comes from the left side to the auxillary valve. Then when I decrease the hydraulic pressure the weight of the loader itself pushes the hydraulic fluid back Into the tractor. As I said beforehand just like a tipping trailer.