MF 135 no hydraulics

/ MF 135 no hydraulics #1  

Grayson808

Tractor
MF 135
Hi,

problem no hydraulics!

Its a Mf135 1969 (i think) found in Norway.

I've changed the oil and filter plus diesel flush with no effect.

Had a look through dip stick cover and all looked ok, lever operation and outlet pipe connected. Looked ok.

So i've taken the hydraulic lift cover off, drained all the oil again and taken off the pressure control valve (as in the picture) as i removed it, the cap came off and spring fell into 10 pieces. Also as i removed the pipe to the diaphram it appeared to be full of water (clear fluid).

So i have taken the whole thing down to the local garage for them to sort it (i panicked).

I the meantime i am going to clean all the sump and components in there. Theres a good 2cm of sand etc covering the bottom! Really dirty.

Is there any other things i should be checking? Is this the cause of no hydraulics have i broke it more?

Spring no. 3 broke. image.jpg

Last edited:
   / MF 135 no hydraulics #2  
Welcome to TBN--join the fun:thumbsup:
Saw your post in the MF forum. I'd bite the bullet and rebuild the hydraulic system completely--a good learning experience and you'll know exactly what's going on in there.

BTW: the original owner of my 1965 MF135 diesel had an FEL on that tractor that was driven by a hydraulic pump attached to the front of the engine. He managed to crack the crankshaft exactly where the shaft runs through the front main bearing. The tractor ran with the cracked shaft for a while and then failed completely. Engine was rebuilt as a result.

Good luck

/ MF 135 no hydraulics #3  
Welcome!

I'm with Flusher, with 2 cms of dirt in the sump I'd want to confirm whether it got into the pump. Your filter should be pretty clogged and hopefully kept the contaminants from damaging it.