Old Massey Ferguson 135 transmission draining plugs location

/ Old Massey Ferguson 135 transmission draining plugs location #1  

wagang1

Tractor
John Deere 1020
I have a 1970 Massey Ferguson 135 diesel that has milky oil in the transmission. I have found only one drain plug on the transmission and cannot see any drain on the rear differential. Can I drain everything from the one plug? Is there a drain under the draw bar bracket? Any help would be appreciated.

Walt

/ Old Massey Ferguson 135 transmission draining plugs location #2  
There are two drains. You found the one for the transmission. There's another one on the hydraulics system that's located between the transmission and the rear axle assembly.

/ Old Massey Ferguson 135 transmission draining plugs location #3  
As Flusher stated, there are two plugs. They both share the same reservoir of oil. use a M1129 oil that can be purchased at TSC in different quantities. Get at least 8 gallons. I usually get nine gallons to have extra to top off at a later date. If your rear PTO seal leaks, it would be a good time to swap that too. Easy job and worth the effort. The fill plug if you not familiar is located to the left of the shifter hex head with about a 2 1/2" to 3" screw out plug. Oil level stick located on the right behind your right foot sitting on the tractor next to the lift speed control.

/ Old Massey Ferguson 135 transmission draining plugs location
Thanks for the help