Valve seals on Z 134 MF 50

/ Valve seals on Z 134 MF 50 #1  

MM in SC

Tractor
Massey Ferguson MF 50 Hi Arch , 1949 Ford 8N
I am rebuilding a MF 50 with z 134 Engine. I have the rebuilding kit for the head, but there were no valve seals included. When I disassembled the valves, the valves had seals on them ( small 0 ring type.) It appears that they are not available in aftermarket, and some z-134 engines did not have them. What should I do?

/ Valve seals on Z 134 MF 50
I am rebuilding a MF 50 with z 134 Engine. I have the rebuilding kit for the head, but there were no valve seals included. When I disassembled the valves, the valves had seals on them ( small 0 ring type.) It appears that they are not available in aftermarket, and some z-134 engines did not have them. What should I do?

Opps. Found them. They were buried in the gasket set. Four little tiny seals, but they are just O rings. Not like OEM. Still, they should work.

/ Valve seals on Z 134 MF 50 #3  
I've put " umbrella" type valve stem seals on valves that did not have them from the factory. The umbrella type seals seem to control oil better than other types. You do have to find seals with the right inside diameter to fit the valve, and make sure when the valve is open there is still room for the umbrella seal . And, sometimes the inside diameter of the valve spring is too small for an umbrella seal, or there is a damper spring inside of the main valve spring.