Just bought a mf 135!

/ Just bought a mf 135! #1  

BIG PAPA

Tractor
MF 135
Hello everyone! Im a new guy here, and will have tons of questions for the experts. I am waiting for the delivery of a MF 135 today. It is the delux eddition with multi power and the z 145 continental engine. the engine purrs like a kitten. I do have a concern about the multi power trans. the linkage where it connects the shaft to the dash knob has been disconnected. The tractor has not been delivered yet so Im just getting ideas now. Should I hook the linkage back up and try it or will I be opening a huge can of worms? It seems to be in low range because it does freewheel on hills now. All the gears work great,shifts good, high/low shifter works great, and the 2 stage clutch is good and strong. I know the multi power can be tempermental but I couldnt pass up the deal. $2200. delivered. I have read about "bolting" gears together to keep it in High range all the time, Is this an ameture project or send to the tractor doctor project? Sorry for the long post. All info would be greatly appreciated!:thumbsup::drink:

/ Just bought a mf 135! #2  
Welcome, Need pictures or it didn't happen is the rule here.

/ Just bought a mf 135!
Welcome, Need pictures or it didn't happen is the rule here.

Not sure if you want to see pictures! She is like the ugly neighbor kid down the street! When it gets delivered I will take a few pictures and post them.

/ Just bought a mf 135! #4  
No such thing as a Ugly Tractor. Unless its Green. :D

/ Just bought a mf 135! #5  
No such thing as a Ugly Tractor. Unless its Green. :D

Just saw an ad for Kioti in Hobby Farm Magazine stating it was the new green. (I assume they mean good for the enviroment) I was thinking the other way at first.

BTW, to the OP, Welcome to tractorbynet.com

/ Just bought a mf 135! #7  

Looks like a 4 cylinder Continental gasoline, power steering, spin out rims or better known as PAVT (power adjust variable thread), vertical exhaust. looks like decent rubber on rears. I'm not sure of the year I'm guessing 1967 or later. The hood latch is on the left. early models had it on the right, at least mime is. You say the multi-power linkage is disconnected. When we get more information, we may be able to determine what is wrong with the multipower if the correct options are on the tractor. Do you know if the three point works? Serial number tag is on the left hand side of the battery tray. You can go to tractordata.com for the year of manufacture. Somebody on here has the rest of the code for the serial number that details options when serial number was assigned, I think. Good luck with it.

Last edited:
   / Just bought a mf 135!
3ph seems to work good. It lifted me up no problem. I didn't put any machines on it but up and down no problem. Everything seems to work good. Ill have it here tonight so ill be able to play around with it. There was no oul leak of any kind on the belly. I v guess that is a good sign

/ Just bought a mf 135! #9  
Great tractor Big Papa, it will treat you well, lots of very smart people here to help if you need it

From CT

/ Just bought a mf 135! #10  
Great tractor Big Papa, it will treat you well, lots of very smart people here to help if you need it

From CT