help fan belt on my mf50

/ help fan belt on my mf50 #1  

markandsansie

Tractor
mf50
hi, new to forum
here goes i have been told that you can replace the fan belt with some form of chain link belt as you dont need to remove everything?is it true, where do i get the stuff, what is it called and is it any good?

/ help fan belt on my mf50 #2  
Welcome to TractorByNet. Obviously what you've been told is a hoax. You would need sprockets on everything the belt rotates around.

Sent via Ipad2

/ help fan belt on my mf50 #3  
hi, new to forum
here goes i have been told that you can replace the fan belt with some form of chain link belt as you dont need to remove everything?is it true, where do i get the stuff, what is it called and is it any good?

Do you mean a belt like the Grizzly T21992 power twist v belt

/ help fan belt on my mf50 #4  
You might mean a segment belt. A waste of time is all that is. Just pull front pump and shaft and put a belt on it.

/ help fan belt on my mf50 #5  
Some people love those segmented belts for use on woodworking machines. I tried 3 different brands of them on a John Deere 440 that used the belt to drive the fan, water pump, and power steering pump. It was tricky to find the right belt width , and one type had steel rivets that bottomed out on the V pulleys. None of them was sturdy enough for the job , and they all slipped badly when oil fumes got on them. They also stretched badly , and eventually broke. For a lighter duty, clean use, they may work ok. For an engine, not so much. But , if you can find the right width belt, it may still be worth trying. If the belt breaks, however, your engine can overheat very quickly, so be sure you'll notice the broken belt immediately.