Manual Steering Column Parts Needed

/ Manual Steering Column Parts Needed #1  

toms07flh

Tractor
Massey Ferguson MF135
1969 MF135 Perkins. Disassembled steering column due to not turning left any more. Both upper and lower cone bearings are shot, along with the upper bearing assembly. Almost all of the smaller parts need replacing. I've checked a few of my favorite sites for the parts but can only get the assembly. Can anyone suggest a place I can get the pieces and parts in the column?

Thanks

/ Manual Steering Column Parts Needed #2  
I did that for my brothers 135, if we had to do it again we would get the assembly. If you are set on doing it yourself your best bet is log onto AGCO's parts site as guest, get the part numbers you need, and start looking around AGCO Parts Books I had to order parts from a few different places to get everything we needed.

/ Manual Steering Column Parts Needed
Thanks for the info. Like you I'm having to source from a few places. What were some of the challenges and any advice to overcome them?

Ps
s: I'm from San Antonio, left when I was a teen around '79.

/ Manual Steering Column Parts Needed #4  
So we are probably close in age. My advice is "be patient" soon as you think you have everything you need you will find something else you should have ordered.

/ Manual Steering Column Parts Needed
Nice, thanks. I need basically everything that goes on the shaft minus the ball nut. Gonna source everything and see where I land compared to the assy. Thanks again for the link and advice.

/ Manual Steering Column Parts Needed #6  
On my brothers 135 we had to go into the steering box as well once we opened it up (worn bushings, seals, a partially broken tooth on one of the gears in which we found out we should have ordered a steering gear set rather than the individual gear since the aftermarket parts are slightly different).