3-Point Hitch MF 65 hydraulic issue

/ MF 65 hydraulic issue #1  

bazmf65

Tractor
massey ferguson 65
Hey Everyone
I have a MF 65 its got some issues with the 3 pt hitch, when I lift the arms with no load they are bounce up and down to the point it shakes the whole tractor. When I lift them with an implement attatched I hear a loud knocking coming from the pump area. Just wondering if anyone could tell me what would cause this and how I should go about fixing it.

Thanks in advance.

/ MF 65 hydraulic issue #2  
Welcome but not sure what is going on. How long since you changed out the UTF and filters?

/ MF 65 hydraulic issue
I changed the fliud about a month ago and I didn't see the normal strainer style filter on this particular tractor. The tractor sat outside for 7 years before I got it so there was a bit of water in the oil.

/ MF 65 hydraulic issue #4  
Our mf 50 will make that knocking sound when the valve selector is in the wrong position and dead heads the hydraulic fluid.

Do you have a valve just below the front of the seat? It's an option so you may not have it, Short handle that rotates a valve, try selecting different positions, see how it reacts.

/ MF 65 hydraulic issue
No my tractor doesn't have that valve. I tried moving the draft control level to see if the knock would go away but it didnt help.

/ MF 65 hydraulic issue #6  
I have a 65 and I sometimes get the shaking your talking about I haven't heard the knocking noise. Mine doesn't shake anymore once the tractor is warmed up and has been driven around for a few minutes.

/ MF 65 hydraulic issue #7  
You may have more serious issues at hand but I do know that incorrect positioning of the control levers for the task (position vs draft)can cause some strange behaviour.