MF 135 rear wheel

/ MF 135 rear wheel #1  

Tedemoomaw

Tractor
MF135
Hi this is my first post here, I bought a MF 135 a couple weeks back and the rear wheels are rusted around the stem, one has a slow leak.
I'm looking for replacement wheels or a way to fix the rust problem causing the leak. I've been told this wheel is no longer made.
And also I'm not sure if it is the original wheels for this tractor.
The tires are 13-24. The tractor is a 1975.

Any help would be appreciated.
Ted

image.jpg

/ MF 135 rear wheel #2  
Some Ford, New Holland, John Deere, and I'm sure others makes use similar wheels. The rims you have are more expensive than the 6 loop type, I don't know if your centers will work with the loop type wheels. Some other tractors use the same centers with the same hub/bolt pattern.
Wheels - Rear Tractor Wheels - m. e. MILLER tire

/ MF 135 rear wheel
Thanks Kenneth, I checked out your link, didn't see what I'm looking for.

The wheel has an inner and or outer ridge to attach the brackets to.

Ted

image.jpg

/ MF 135 rear wheel #4  
Those are deep well rims on your tractor, but you maybe able to use the loop type wheels with your centers (someone else here may know) which I think would be better. Deep well rims aren't very common here (they can slip), most tractors here have either the loop, or the rail power adjust. Looking at AGCO's parts lookup, I didn't see those rims listed, just the loop, and the power adjust for ag tractors.

/ MF 135 rear wheel
Thanks again Kenneth. Do you think those were original rims?

Ted

/ MF 135 rear wheel #6  
Hello Tedemoomaw, and welcome. I don't recognise the style of rim, but to answer your question of original equipment, yes. The standard rim was a 28" with a wider 24" option . I don't know if it was factory fitted or dealer fitted.
My father bought a 135 (1965) and got the 24" rim option from brand new.
In my area 24" rims are rare, almost every 135 has the 28" rims .

/ MF 135 rear wheel
Thanks for the information Redman, that must be why I'm having such a hard time finding wheels.
Ted

/ MF 135 rear wheel #8  
The 28" are more common on the ag tractors (but some ag tractors did come with 24"). My brothers 1965 135 has 24" wheels, look at similar sized Ford, New Holland, John Deere, and, other tractors for wheels. Also look at industrial tractors, my 1965 MF 2135 industrial has 24" wheels.

My 2135 with the 24" loop type wheels.
24wheel_zps5ef0a93f.jpg

Last edited:
   / MF 135 rear wheel
I Appreciate all the help. Is there a way to patch the rust on the wheel?

Ted

/ MF 135 rear wheel #10  
I don't know if you can find a welder that would do it (due to possible legal issues), and if you find a welder do it, it would probably be cheaper to buy a wheel. I know I could fix something like that myself, but I'd still look for some better wheels first even if it means buying the centers with it. The bolt pattern on the hub is a pretty common pattern (8 on a 6" bolt circle with a 4 1/4" center hub).