Massey Ferguson 65

/ Massey Ferguson 65 #1  

connie123

Tractor
masey ferguson 65
I have an old Massey Ferguson 65 MHF 182840M2. It belonged to my husband. It is in bad shape as far as being rusty and needing a new seat, but it runs well. It also has a brush hog on it. Lots of people are wanting to buy it but I have no idea what it is worth. Can anyone tell me if it is even worth taking money for it or should I just give it away? I dont know how to find the motor size or anything else that might be hep on identifying the tractor.

/ Massey Ferguson 65 #2  
Don't give it away.
It is certainly worth a few thousands...without seeing it.
3-4000 $ maybe more,specially if diesel.
The bush hog alone is worth 800-1000$ easy!

/ Massey Ferguson 65 #3  
The main thing is to find out if it has a gas, or diesel engine. Since you have a lot of people wanting to buy it, I'd bet it's a diesel. Don't give it away, if you could post a picture, or two of each side of the tractor that shows the engine pretty good we should be able to tell what engine it is by looking at it.

/ Massey Ferguson 65 #4  
post pics here, both sides, front and back.

describe how well it starts and runs, and any other implements it has.

/ Massey Ferguson 65
I have tried several times to get pic up of the tractor. For some reason they are coming up all cockeyed, sideways and upside down. sorry but I cant fix it. Maybe someone can tell something about the tractor. I don't know anything about how it runs. All I know is my late husband would charge the battery, twice a year and brush hog the field. He never complained about how it runs or never out working on it for hours. IMG_0123.jpgIMG_0121.jpg

/ Massey Ferguson 65 #6  
Do you have any other pictures of it that you could email?

/ Massey Ferguson 65
Yes I do. The tractor is in a covered area and I cant get a really good shot of it. Ill go get more this afternoon and send them to you this evening. I cant seem to get more than 2 pic to upload to this site. Send me your email and Ill send you pics.

/ Massey Ferguson 65 #8  
I'll pm you my email, if you could get a picture of each side of the engine that will help determine if it's diesel or not (diesels bring more money).

/ Massey Ferguson 65 #9  
I got the pictures, it has a Continental 2.9L 4-cyl gasoline engine. The tractor with the bush hog probably shouldn't go for no less than $3000. Since you have multiple people interested in it, have them make a offer on it. It also depends on how fast you want to get rid of it, if your not in a real hurry you may be able to get people trying to out bid each other, and get more for it.

/ Massey Ferguson 65 #10  
Some folks like diesels; some like gas engine tractors (engine is easier to work on, especially the fuel system). Diesels command more $$ on the resale market than gassers.

My 1964 MF135 diesel cost me $3600 about 8 years ago.

I'd give $2000 for that MF65 gasser tops and maybe $200 for the mower.

Good luck.