Perkins AG3.152 Roto-Cap ?

/ Perkins AG3.152 Roto-Cap ? #1  

rozemab

Tractor
MF 135
During a PM I found one of the exhaust valve spring caps chipped. This is the cap where the valve collets are held in place by spring force.

The problem is, I cannot find a source for a new one. This is a two or three piece assembly swagged together that allows the exhaust valve to rotate with each opening.

Any help would be appreciated.

I *think* the cap perkins pn is 2711004.

/ Perkins AG3.152 Roto-Cap ? #2  
The Perkins pn 2711003 is correct, the AGCO pn is 1853347M1

/ Perkins AG3.152 Roto-Cap ?
Kenneth,

Thank you for the confirmation. I called AGCO and the pn is no longer available. I guess my next step is to contact a salvage yard(s) and see if they have any bad heads with the valve rotator cap installed in them.

I even contacted a MF dealer in England that advertised the pn on their web site. They confirmed AGCO; part is NLA.

Or maybe another MF 153 user has one they are willing to sell me.

Was the Perkins AG3.152 used in another brand of tractor ? I would bet the diesel engine uses the same rotator cap.

Kenneth,

thank you for the lead, I will investigate !!

To summarize, I found three roto caps at a tractor salvage yard. Those things are like Gold coins ! Most places that have them will sell 3 for $500, and throw in a refurblished head! (They will not sell the caps alone. )

/ Perkins AG3.152 Roto-Cap ? #7  
Yikes!

/ Perkins AG3.152 Roto-Cap ? #8  
Can you elaborate a bit on this part? I had my ag152 head apart and rebuilt and I don't recall these parts under the valve keepers being special at all. My parts manual doesn't show much.
Thanks

/ Perkins AG3.152 Roto-Cap ? #9  
They are use on the exhaust valves, every time the valve opens it rotates the valve several degrees. on the outside the don't look special at all, here's a pic from the web

Attachments

• image-2622611695.jpg
    image-2622611695.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 290
   / Perkins AG3.152 Roto-Cap ? #10  
Ok thanks. I just checked my rebuild pics and I see them now. You said your valve spring cap was damaged. How do these things fail and how is the failure known? Thanks