3-Point Hitch MF 135 Pump Control Valve Leak

/ MF 135 Pump Control Valve Leak #1  

klancf51

Silver Member
Tractor
CASE IH, Massey Ferguson, Ford
Does anyone know the cause of this leak? The picture was taken when the lift was leaking down.
Thanks!
MF-135 Pump Control Valve Leak.jpg

/ MF 135 Pump Control Valve Leak
This leak is caused by a failure of the pump control valve diaphragm (898254M91). The pump control valve has a weep hole on the bottom of the non-pressurized side of the valve as shown in this photo:
IMAG0451.jpg).

When the diaphragm leaks under pressure, hydraulic fluid will exit via the weep hole. Here is a photo of the failed diaphragm:
IMAG0456.jpg
Note that the failure was due to the rubber becoming hardened and cracking off of the fabric backing material. In my case the fluid leakage was less when the pressure was greater because the diaphragm moved against spring and the flow was restricted as the fabric gap closed.

fyi.

/ MF 135 Pump Control Valve Leak #3  
This leak is caused by a failure of the pump control valve diaphragm (898254M91). The pump control valve has a weep hole on the bottom of the non-pressurized side of the valve as shown in this photo:
View attachment 405016).

When the diaphragm leaks under pressure, hydraulic fluid will exit via the weep hole. Here is a photo of the failed diaphragm:
View attachment 405018
Note that the failure was due to the rubber becoming hardened and cracking off of the fabric backing material. In my case the fluid leakage was less when the pressure was greater because the diaphragm moved against spring and the flow was restricted as the fabric gap closed.

fyi.

Hello,

I have a simillar problem ( the diaphragm broken), so that is why the diaphragm leaks under pressure. Do you think is this a failure of hidraulic dont lift or really weak? I'd like to ask if this problem cause a pressure loss in hydraulic system?

Thank You in advance!

gabben85

/ MF 135 Pump Control Valve Leak
The leak is limited by the remaining diaphragm material and the weep hole. If all of the other parts & seals (pump, O-rings, lift cylinder rings, etc.) in the lift hydraulics are in good condition, this diaphragm leak alone won't cause the lift hydraulics to be non-functional. I suggest starting with hydraulic pressure measurements. There is a port on the lift cover below the transfer plate where you can attach a pressure gauge. Be sure the gauge is correctly rated.