TO 35...'56 year model 4 cly gas has a bad block

/ TO 35...'56 year model 4 cly gas has a bad block #1  

joe tx

Tractor
case
My TO 35...'56 year model 4 cly gas has a bad block...water pouring into the oil pan...I suppose the block is cracked. Looking for a replacement used engine. Will all 4 cl gas engines interchange including the newer MF 35 engines?

Anyone know what the going price is for a used complete engine or a rebuilt shortblock? Thanks, Joe.

/ TO 35...'56 year model 4 cly gas has a bad block #2  
The continental engines are wet sleeve engines (the sleeves have o-rings on them to seal up the water). So it could either be bad o-rings, cracked block, or both. Cranked blocks usually don't leak as much as sleeves with bad o-rings.

/ TO 35...'56 year model 4 cly gas has a bad block #3  
G'day they have an alloy plug in the top of the cyl head it could bee corroded out if you lift the rocker cover you will see it you cannot buy new so we have got away with fitting a freeze plug and covering with epoxy.

Jon

/ TO 35...'56 year model 4 cly gas has a bad block #4  
I'm getting coolant into the crankcase of my 1955 TO-35 gas engine. It's not too much, but enough to prevent me from using the tractor without risking bearing damage. I'm hoping it's a blown head gasket . The comment of banjodunn above is of interest, however. I didn't know about the plug in the head, but it's the first thing I'll check . Thanks !

/ TO 35...'56 year model 4 cly gas has a bad block #5  
My TO 35...'56 year model 4 cly gas has a bad block...water pouring into the oil pan...I suppose the block is cracked. Looking for a replacement used engine. Will all 4 cl gas engines interchange including the newer MF 35 engines?

Anyone know what the going price is for a used complete engine or a rebuilt shortblock? Thanks, Joe.

At this time I'm replacing the sleeves to a "B" Farmall that the sleeve had corroded a hole into the piston area.

Check on purchasing the new sleeves and piston and o ring seal My total cost including gaskets was 320 bucks and about a 6 hour installation time

This will make the engine as good as rebuilt or from new in operation.
ken

/ TO 35...'56 year model 4 cly gas has a bad block #6  

As KennethS said, it could be an oring or cracked block. Cracks in these blocks occur between two cylinders in the thin web. They are very expensive to fix, but can done.

/ TO 35...'56 year model 4 cly gas has a bad block #7  
I'll have to agree with William. The head gasket is the most common cause.