Major hydraulic leak at PTO on MF 35

/ Major hydraulic leak at PTO on MF 35 #1  

texas3ted

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 35
I have an early MF 35 deluxe. I don't know the year but I believe in the '50's. It has a major hydtaulics fluid leak coming out where the PTO shaft exits the housing. I initially tried to get to seals by accessing via the PTO opening. Didn't get there. Looking for any advice or instructions. I'm not a mechanic, and right now have no money to turn it over to one. Thanks for any help given.

/ Major hydraulic leak at PTO on MF 35 #2  
G'day to remove the pto shaft you undo 4 bolts at the plate the pto comes through and pull the shaft and plate off you will get oil out as well so it is advisable to drain the back end first then you will see a circlip holding the bearing in , take it out and press the shaft and bearing out of the housing then it is just a matter of replaceing the seal in the housing. Check the brg while you have it apart and also the seal surace on the shaft. Clean and fit new gasket ( could be an O ring memory is failing me) and then fit the shaft back in top up with oil and away you go.

Jon

/ Major hydraulic leak at PTO on MF 35 #3  
yes there is an O-ring in the rear seal replacement. Is a pretty easy job to do.
While you have the rear end drained of oil, it would be a good time to check the hydraulic oil filter/strainer for the three point lift. It is in the gear casing under the tractor seat and can be accessed from the side, by removing the top side plate on RHS when facing forward.

/ Major hydraulic leak at PTO on MF 35 #5  
A few years ago my 35 with a perking engine had no pto power, so I bough a video from England yes U K, with this video I was able to take my complete PTO system apart, fix the problen, Adjust all the linkage, best video, I ever bought, it was from another tractor forum, I do not know if I can post the name here, if I can let me know, and I will do it, or just shearch, pto video massey furgeson

I had never done something like that, the video was great, it even shows how to re built the pump, the only draw back, the video does not work on american dvd machine, but it will play on most computer