3-Point Hitch Help if you can!

/ Help if you can! #1  

LTCB1980

Tractor
1945 Farmall H, 1948 Farmall M, 1952 Farmall Super MTA, 1956 Farmall 450, 1945 Case VAC, 1972 Massey Ferguson 135
Hello. I have a 135 with the 3 cylinder diesel that for as long as I can remember the lift doesn't work right. It was my grandfathers tractor and I have recently been given the tractor. The 3 point hitch is either all the way up or all the way down. I have changed the fluid and filter(shifter boots were bad and the fluid was milky) and although I didn't figure it would help, I don't have a manual and I need some help finding any adjustments. It doesn't matter where you position the draft control lever or the lift lever it still does the same. With an implement or without, still the same. Any advice? I am a 15 year diesel mechanic so im not afraid to tackle any repairs, I just don't know what direction to go. Thanks.

/ Help if you can! #2  
Hi and welcome. I am not familiar enough with the internal workings of the 3ph to assist.
I am sure others (smarter) on here can help.

/ Help if you can! #3  
I would look for an on-line owner's manual as the fix may be just understanding the system.
At least it will lift loads so the pump and lift cylinder are good.
Dave M7040

/ Help if you can!
I appreciate the welcome. Murph, unfortunately my problem wasn't described in the link you sent me. I wasn't sure if there were any adjustable linkages behind the filter cover. I have read that the spring behind the top link could be the problem, but the only way to check is to remove the top cover. I will if needed but just looking for anything simple first. But the way my luck runs I'll have to.

/ Help if you can! #6  
LTCB

I have a shop manual for your Massey, unfortunately I am in for the evening, and the manual is in the shop. I will look tomorrow and try to post anything regarding adjustment's etc..

Regard's
Sean

/ Help if you can! #9  
PM sent