Splitting tractor MF35

/ Splitting tractor MF35 #1  

MF35Tim

Tractor
MF 35
Hi all, I have a MF 35 with multi power that had just started leaking badly from the bell housing. From what I've read, I'm going to have to split the tractor. Can anyone give me a list of parts, seals, gasket etc that I need to replace while I got it apart?
Many thanks!
Tim

/ Splitting tractor MF35 #2  
Assume it is a engine oil leak. Going to need a rear main seal for that. Might need a oil pan gasket to change seal. Split a couple of tractors in my day. Don't need any gaskets for that. But the clutch, throw out bearing is right there. Time to do them now as you will find out.

/ Splitting tractor MF35 #3  
Hi all, I have a MF 35 with multi power that had just started leaking badly from the bell housing. From what I've read, I'm going to have to split the tractor. Can anyone give me a list of parts, seals, gasket etc that I need to replace while I got it apart?
Many thanks!
Tim

Google "Massey Ferguson 35 parts" and start there. I've bought parts for my MF135 diesel from Steiner

Suspicious Activity Detected

Call them if you can't find what you want on their website. If they don't have the parts you need, they can direct you to someone who has them.

Good luck.

/ Splitting tractor MF35
Thanks for the reply! I was online googling around and here is a list of things I found that I should replace:
-oil pan gasket.
-rope seal.
-Rear main seal.
-Lip seal.
-Clutch throw out bearings.
-Large seal rings.
-Small seal rings.

Do you agree with this?
Thanks,
Tim

/ Splitting tractor MF35 #5  
g'day MF35Tim.
You will also need sump corks and a tin of Caterpillar green gasket glue,DO NOT cut anything of the cork gaskets they look a bit long but they will compress when the sump is secured same thing with the rear crankshaft seals install them into the housing and I use a 1/2" extension bar and holding it like a Rolling pin roll the seals into the housing so that they are seated all the way ,when installed correctly the ends should stick out about one eight of an inch again DO NOT cut anything of or the seal will LEAK .
When you remove the pto and transmission input shafts and strip them down have a good look inside the transmission shaft and where the steel sealing rings run ,if there is any wear at all you will need to buy a new shaft ,if you can find one available the same thing with the pto shaft.
Although expensive I would look at the clutch and replace if need be don;t forget the flywheel spigot bearing.
happy days.
Hutch.
The rear crankshaft seal can be either a chord (earlier ) or on later 135,s a lip seal.

/ Splitting tractor MF35 #6  
Thanks for the reply! I was online googling around and here is a list of things I found that I should replace:
-oil pan gasket.
-rope seal.
-Rear main seal.
-Lip seal.
-Clutch throw out bearings.
-Large seal rings.
-Small seal rings.

Do you agree with this?
Thanks,
Tim

don't forget to replace the clutch disk. It's likely that it's oil soaked. If it's apart, now's the time to do it.

/ Splitting tractor MF35 #7  
what they said^ My seals not leaking, but I have bad brakes. I know i have to do some hydraulic seal repairs etc. I have inner dry discs which are, at the moment wet discs. Safe to say my brakes are like the old saying: Blind in one eye and cant see out of the other. I've got some small seal leaks here and there etc. I'm not tearing anything apart until I got the money to buy all parts. Point is If it was just the seal and everything else was good, consider yourself lucky. This is where it helps to know the tractors history. Such as when clutch, brakes, hydro pump etc, has been changed or rebuilt. Let us know how it goes. Take pics.