Oil & Fuel Mf 135 fuel filter housing lines removal

/ Mf 135 fuel filter housing lines removal #1  

jayrod

Tractor
massey ferguson 135
Hello all!!

I am new to owning a diesel tractor and am in need of some assistance. I have a cracked fuel filter housing and need to remove the lines. Is there any special tools I need to remove these lines!?! I am at a grading stand still till I figure out how to remove them. I looses all the lines but can't remove them. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! 😀

/ Mf 135 fuel filter housing lines removal #2  
Well, good luck! Those lines are jammed in PRETTY tight. The line has a small flare on the end and rubber sleeve over that. The nut forces the sleeve out into the internal threads of the filter base, and over time they can harden to the point of being nearly impossible to pull the line out. Sometimes a sharp pick can be used to break up the sleeve into pieces that can be worked out. Sometimes it's pliers, visegrips and a prybar, and whatever else you can muster to yank them out. Since you're replacing the base and damage to it is not an issue, you may want to cut into the outside of the base with a cutoff wheel or whatever and maybe open up some room to work the lines out. Bottom line -- there's no simple, one size fits all solution. It's whatever you can put together and a fair amount of swearing.

/ Mf 135 fuel filter housing lines removal
Thank you for your input! Gonna tackle with my grinder and a pick!

/ Mf 135 fuel filter housing lines removal #4  
Don't need a grinder just a good sharp tug should be all that's needed to pull them out I have on the very rare occasion had to get a bar and pry them out. Make sure you have some new rubbers to fit it up with a local fuel injection place that does diesel should have them

Jon