148 wheel width and changing track width

/ 148 wheel width and changing track width #1  

kl281071

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 148
hi,
i am trying to get my mf 148 as wide as possible . my wheels are standard 28 inch. do you know what the widest tyres i can fit on this wheel?.
also, does anyone have a video or instructions for changing the wheel tracks?

/ 148 wheel width and changing track width #2  
There is a factory option , a 24" I recall. Also you can go bigger if you have the correct offset. The alternative is to go duals which will give a similar overall width(about 2.1m), with better traction. The standard "dish" rims are easy to adjust and light enough for one man to handle. Just watch it if the tyres are water filled as they are very awkward and heavy to shift.

/ 148 wheel width and changing track width
thanks so much for your reply. When you say 'the dish rims are easy...". are you referring to "changing the dish rims around" (on the same wheel)
Do you know how to change the track of the axle//wheel to make it wider?.

/ 148 wheel width and changing track width #4  
Assuming the rims are set factory narrow then to go max width you flip the dish over to set the wheel wider and to get the last step out ,you bolt the dish to the out side of the rim mounting points. The default factory setting is on the inside of the rim mounting point (dish is in centre of rim (narrow), offset (wide).
You will probably want to widen the front axle to match the rear wheel track to.wheel alignment will be required. The "toe in " is 10mm from memory.
NB there are 2 types of rim ,"dish" type and PAVT , the commonest type is dish. If these instructions don't make sense then post a photo so I can see what type of rim you have. PAVT are tricky, I had them on the 178 and dish type on the 135

/ 148 wheel width and changing track width #5  
I was rereading your post and found an ambiguity. The tyres stay on the rim. all adjustments are made by moving the dish/hub part to the desired position.