questions about sheet metal

/ questions about sheet metal #1  

alabama mike

I got an old 1955 MF35 (TO35?) tractor runs great and operates like it should, but to be honest It looks bad, Tractor was in a barn that was blown in by a tornado a few years back, I got it about a year ago and have slowly been doing the work to get it up and d running, all that is left now is sheet metal and paint. My question is can I update the tractor with 135 sheet metal? my uncle has a 1964 135 and as far as I can tell they are basicly the same tractor, underneath. Can it be done? has it been done? I really like the look of the 135's so I figured since this tractor operates so good I'd just "make" my own.

/ questions about sheet metal #3  
Know anyone local with a 135?

Two bolts and a few minutes, and you will have your answer for sure, no?

35's are thin enough on the ground around here, and I have not yet seen a 135 locally, for what it's worth (not much, I know) so that would be the route I would try if I were looking.

I was pondering 135 sheet metal as there is a listed 135 without any, sorta near here, but I pretty much already have enough projects around for the time being.

Trev

/ questions about sheet metal
Thanks Trev, yeah my uncle has one, but he's about 200 miles away, last time I was down at his house I looked it over good, but didn't have the chance to tear into it further. I was kinda hoping someone on here knew the answer, I got my old tractor up and running but it looks bad with no sheetmetal on it, LOL!

/ questions about sheet metal #5  
There are six bolts that hold the sheet metal to the dash of a 135. The TO35 may have a different shaped dash which would mean a complete changover. You can still buy sheet metal pieces for your tractor. If it where mine I'd keep it original looking.

/ questions about sheet metal #6  
There are six bolts that hold the sheet metal to the dash of a 135. The TO35 may have a different shaped dash which would mean a complete changover. You can still buy sheet metal pieces for your tractor. If it where mine I'd keep it original looking.

Ditto. Good advice.