MF135 Pto lever won't disengage

/ MF135 Pto lever won't disengage #1  

Nitonman

Tractor
MF135
Hi all, I've had a quick search and can't find what I'm after, so hoping someone can help. My MF135 pto lever will not disengage the pto drive. I have adjusted the clutch pedal which had too much free play, at the bottom part of travel of the pedal (2nd stage) the pto shaft will now stop rotating, it didn't before, so I think the pto clutch is ok(?), but I can't move the lever forwards to disengage the pto and put it in 'neutral'. Grateful for any advice

/ MF135 Pto lever won't disengage #2  
Hi all, I've had a quick search and can't find what I'm after, so hoping someone can help. My MF135 pto lever will not disengage the pto drive. I have adjusted the clutch pedal which had too much free play, at the bottom part of travel of the pedal (2nd stage) the pto shaft will now stop rotating, it didn't before, so I think the pto clutch is ok(?), but I can't move the lever forwards to disengage the pto and put it in 'neutral'. Grateful for any advice

Had poster a couple years ago, could not engage the the pto. Maybe the same issue.
Found the hydraulic filter housing came loose and jammed the lever linkage. Drain off a gallon or two of trans / diff. Fluid and remove the pto cover and take a look. You can then see if it will move by hand.

/ MF135 Pto lever won't disengage #3  
I have adjusted the clutch pedal which had too much free play, at the bottom part of travel of the pedal (2nd stage) the pto shaft will now stop rotating, it didn't before, so I think the pto clutch is ok(?), but I can't move the lever forwards to disengage .................its stuck becauze of all the grinding !

/ MF135 Pto lever won't disengage #4  
Can you move it at all or is it stuck?

/ MF135 Pto lever won't disengage
Thanks all for your replies, looks like i'll be taking the side cover off whatever the outcome! It does feel like a physical obstruction, the lever will move slightly but then it becomes obvious that it is restricted in moving further, possibly the filter as mentioned or an issue with mechanism being broken.
I think the only way I'll know is to drain the oil and remove the cover and have a look.
Assuming the filter is in place correctly, is the mechanism reasonably obvious to inspect for issues?
Thanks again.

/ MF135 Pto lever won't disengage #6  
Has it always been like that? Can be so easy that someone changed the filter and didn't get the arm on the inside in to the grove on the engage mechanism, its a very simple construction.

It's always been fine, a couple of weeks ago I when I was topping my field I found that it wouldn't move. The second part of clutch pedal movement only just stopped the shaft, so I adjusted the pedal on the shaft and now it stops (the pto drive) very easily. I assumed that would allow me to move the lever, but no joy!

Ok, problem identified! Took off the pto cover to find that the ground speed gear had come off the splines on the drive shaft and was loose on the shaft and preventing the pto lever from moving. It is held in place by a thin spiral clip that had come detached, I think because the groove and teeth where it seats were chipped/damaged.
As I never use the ground speed pto (who does?), the decision was made to remove the top cover, split the drive shaft and remove the gear and clip. It was either that or replace repair the main shaft teeth.
Anyway, I will finish putting it back together today and see if it all works!

/ MF135 Pto lever won't disengage #9  
Ok, problem identified! Took off the pto cover to find that the ground speed gear had come off the splines on the drive shaft and was loose on the shaft and preventing the pto lever from moving. It is held in place by a thin spiral clip that had come detached, I think because the groove and teeth where it seats were chipped/damaged.
As I never use the ground speed pto (who does?), the decision was made to remove the top cover, split the drive shaft and remove the gear and clip. It was either that or replace repair the main shaft teeth.
Anyway, I will finish putting it back together today and see if it all works!

Good to hear you found the problem. Too bad it wasn't something simple. Clean the hydraulic filter while you're in there. Be sure to put safety wire back. Keep filter together and upright when removing so you don't dump dirt back into sump.

All back together and working well, filter cleaned and wire locked. Back to the field!