MF 65 question for loader

/ MF 65 question for loader #1  

Buckslayer

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 65
I currently own a MF 65 late model diesel.
I want to purchase a loader for this tractor but need to know what loader fits the MF 65.
I've heard Freeman 200, MF 99.
Can anyone please help me out with this.

/ MF 65 question for loader #2  
Before getting too carried away searching out a loader, have you given much thought to how/if your hydraulics will operate it? Typically the older Massey's were less than ideal for external hydraulics.

/ MF 65 question for loader #3  
I had a 59 MF65 gas tractor and it had a loader on it. The hydraulics was run from a hydraulic pump at the front of the tractor. A drive shaft was fitted to the front of the crankshaft drive pulley - simple and it worked. The hydraulic oil was completely separate from the tractor hydraulics.
If memory serves, the loader was an Allied unit (not 100% certain).
Sorry I can't be more specific - I sold the tractor in 2007 and my memory isn't what it used to be.

/ MF 65 question for loader #4  
I have a 59 diesel with a FEL. There is a diverter valve under the seat to switch from 3 pt to the FEL. Not the fastest, but it does work. Looked at getting a front pump but the steering would interfere turning left.

IMG_0962.jpg

/ MF 65 question for loader #5  
What is your main use for the loader going to be?

/ MF 65 question for loader
Main purchase is to move dirt around the farm and to haul wood that I've cut.

/ MF 65 question for loader #7  
Main purchase is to move dirt around the farm and to haul wood that I've cut.
I personally would not put a loader on a 2WD, gear transmission tractor, especially if it doesn't have the optional power steering.

/ MF 65 question for loader #8  
I personally would not put a loader on a 2WD, gear transmission tractor, especially if it doesn't have the optional power steering.

I have a mf135 without power steering, with an old tubular massey loader that was originally a trip bucket. It ran off the 4.5 gpm tractor hydraulics. I added a front pump that puts out about the same flow to free up the remotes. Added a brand joystick and hydraulic bucket. Not enough flow to operate both the lift and bucket at the same time, but I'm not trying to set any speed records either. Plan my turns with the tractor moving and its not too bad. Some of us are on a tight budget and can't afford the best equipment. It's still better than a shovel.

/ MF 65 question for loader #9  

IMHO I think it is Ok on a reasonably heavy machine, especially with a heavy counterweight to keep good weight on the rear axle - not just for grip but primarily for stability. Guys over here seem to put a loader on the smallest, lightest Shibaura, Kubota or whatever other machine they can find, then proceed to tip it over as soon as they fill the bucket!
Almost all experienced operators on here realise (and another reason for reading these pages is for information and advice/guidance) that the rear axle weight, coupled with the bucket height+weight, (add surface smoothness, level of grip, angle of slope and/or tightness of turn if applicable) is all that keeps the machine stable. There is a lot to keep in mind, and I'm the first to declare I don't know it all - only a small amount!
I do however agree with your point about power steering, which I am fortunate our old MF 40 loader has (steering was really heavy with insufficient P/St oil).
That machine has basically a MF65 gearbox & rear end, wide and heavy, with really heavy cast-iron rear wheel centres and tyres filled with water for added ballast. Also being a loader, an up-rated front axle, wheels and tyres. My MF135 was quite unhappy about lifting a rear wheel off it and back on again. I also had a heavy soil aerator on the 3pl for added ballast when I was cleaning the 2-3ft of mud out of an empty water dam here. It was working a recently-reconditioned 3-152 Perkins engine rather hard, after running it in whilst aerating about 60 acres for a friend, but I was never uneasy about it's stability climbing up around the side of the dam - it rocked a bit over an unexpected bump where I was holding the lever ready to drop the bucket (one foot or so) to the ground instantly, but it didn't even threaten to tip over. I did, however, wish it was a 4cyl Perkins - that additional 12 or 15 horsepower would have been really handy, but for what it is, it's really strong now it has run-in!