TO 20 3 pt hitch lift will not hold at a set height

/ TO 20 3 pt hitch lift will not hold at a set height #1  

stevesmower

Tractor
cub
I am having a problem with the three point hitch on my TO 20. It moves fine but will not stay at a set height. I assume that I need to repair the hydraulic ram that must be inside the case but haven't a clue where to start! Anyone out there done this?

/ TO 20 3 pt hitch lift will not hold at a set height #2  
I am about to embark in doing the o-ring no the lift cylinder on my BX2200. I will tell you it is not a fun job. I know nothing of your tractor's setup, but get a repair manual and look it up. I have to disassemble half of my tractor to get to this one O-Ring. Good Luck.

/ TO 20 3 pt hitch lift will not hold at a set height #3  
I would suggest you check YouTube, specifically Steiner Tractor's channel. They do a fairly clear repair of a lift cover on a TO 30. It will give you an idea of what is required.

/ TO 20 3 pt hitch lift will not hold at a set height #4  
I am having a problem with the three point hitch on my TO 20. It moves fine but will not stay at a set height. I assume that I need to repair the hydraulic ram that must be inside the case but haven't a clue where to start! Anyone out there done this?

Your TO-20 ( and for that matter, the TE-20 and TO-30) does not have position control on the three point hitch. It was designed for draft control only. You can buy positioners (Zane Thang or the Fergy positioner) or you can go to the FENA website and get the drawing and make your own.