3-Point Hitch little grey fergie....weak lift...

/ little grey fergie....weak lift... #1  

MF25

Tractor
Fergy TE20, Iseki T5000, Fordson lawn ornament
sadly my little grey fergie has decided that the hydraulics wont lift anymore...

well... they will lift a small slasher if the revs are high, but a 3-pl scoop is beyond them.

the fluid level is fine.....

scoop 003.jpg

any ideas? im very new to tractors so im not sure where to turn...

/ little grey fergie....weak lift... #2  
sadly my little grey fergie has decided that the hydraulics wont lift anymore...

well... they will lift a small slasher if the revs are high, but a 3-pl scoop is beyond them.

the fluid level is fine.....

View attachment 456828

any ideas? im very new to tractors so im not sure where to turn...

Pull the right side access plate, engage the pto and start the engine. UNDER NO CONDITION PLACE YOUR HANDS INTO THE HYDRAULIC CPOMPARTMENT WITH THE ENGINE RUNNING! Using a flashlight, look up at the lift cylinder and see if you see a leak coming from it If so, the lift cylinder needs new rings , or the cylinder is cracked, etc. Look for a lot of turbulence near where the H shaped control fork enters the fluid. The relief valve may have some crud in it and is stuck open. Look at the corners of the pump. If there is a lot of turbulence there maybe a blown pump gasket. Look toward the front right corner of the hydraulic compartment. There is a supply tube that runs up to the lift cylinder. It has some O-rings the can leak. Now actuate the lift lever full up and see that the linkage moves the H shaped control fork. Finally shut the engine off and reach into the hydraulic compartment at the bottom of the control fork and see if you feel a "T" shaped piece which is what connects the control valve to the control fork. Make sure the arms of the "T" are in the sockets of the control fork. Also make sure the cross piece is connected to the control valve stem. You should be able to pull the control valve in and out easily and the total range of motion is about an inch. Some times crud get into the control sleeve and makes the valve hard to move.

Finally, invest in Ferguson factory service manual. They are about $20 US on ebay.

/ little grey fergie....weak lift... #3  
I don't know much about Ferguson's from the era of your tractor. What I do know is I that I admire your rear end loader. Do you know the manufacturer or is it home built.
Stuck

/ little grey fergie....weak lift...
I don't know much about Ferguson's from the era of your tractor. What I do know is I that I admire your rear end loader. Do you know the manufacturer or is it home built.
Stuck

made by a local-ish company...

scoop 009.jpg

thanks Jerry....
ive pulled off the cover and when you lift the hydraulics there is a rush of fluid from the back right corner of the hyd compartment....

ive got a haynes repair manual for the tractor but the troubleshooting section simply refers to itself in a circular fashion. not very helpful.

/ little grey fergie....weak lift... #8  
thanks Jerry....
ive pulled off the cover and when you lift the hydraulics there is a rush of fluid from the back right corner of the hyd compartment....

ive got a haynes repair manual for the tractor but the troubleshooting section simply refers to itself in a circular fashion. not very helpful.

The factory service manual is the best for understanding the systems and repairing them.

There is nothing in the back right back corner to cause your specific problem so I suspect t is either the relief valve stuck open and a jet of fluid is squirting out in that direction or a pump gasket that failed causing that. It's also possible that a lift cylinder leak is causing it but you would be able to see that the fluid was coming from the cylinder.

The relief valve can be accessed from the access hole but a pump gasket failure means you have to drop the pump. Before you do anything figure out where the leak is from. You might drain some fluid out and lower the level of the fluid in the compartment so you can ascertain where the leak is from.

You might also go to the AGCO website and look for the parts drawing for the hydraulics so it will give you an idea of what this systems components look like.

The relief valve can be accessed from the access hole

hiya Jerry.... if i reach into where the relief valve is (under the pto shaft) will i be able to tell if its faulty? should it move or is there something else i should be able to do? the diagram in the haynes manual shows its location but not much else.

cheers MF25