New to me 1956 TO35

/ New to me 1956 TO35 #1  

shinerm02

Tractor
Ferguson TO35
A fellow I work with is getting his place cleaned up ready to move. One of the things sitting around his property is this I think a Ferguson TO35. It starts right up and the hydraulics work. I am new to a tractor like this and am wondering what I am getting into? Serial number is 169381.

DSC_0291.JPGDSC_0290.JPGDSC_0288.JPG

/ New to me 1956 TO35 #2  
Hi. Welcome.

Cool. Do you plan to restore it?

/ New to me 1956 TO35
I don't have a set plan yet. The problem is once I start taking things apart, cleaning and fixing, the next thing I know it becomes a full out restoration project. Its like a sickness.

/ New to me 1956 TO35 #4  
G'day looks like a good ol jigger if you do buy it then before you move the backhoe get some 400 wet and dry, wet it with some diesel or kero and rub the rust off that top cyl before you retract it you might just save the seals the rust will cut them out in a couple of strokes.

Jon

/ New to me 1956 TO35 #5  
And keep an eye on that bottom cross member of the backhoe, it looks to have been poorly welded at some point in time, check it for cracks. May not be a bad idea to grind it down and put a fresh, good penetrating bead down all those joints. Looks a bit sketchy. Otherwise, I love the setup! It has lots of character! :)

/ New to me 1956 TO35 #6  
I don't have a set plan yet. The problem is once I start taking things apart, cleaning and fixing, the next thing I know it becomes a full out restoration project. Its like a sickness.

Nice looking old tractor.

If it's running, don't fix it. Just do the normal maintenance (fluids, battery, etc).

Take a good look at the wiring. Rodents may have been busy chewing the insulation.

Serial number says it's a 1956 Ferguson.

This would be a good find for restoration, if I were still in that business.
Don't often find a tractor in this good shape with both a FEL and a BH.

Enjoy your tractor.

Good luck

/ New to me 1956 TO35 #7  
Nice looking old tractor.

If it's running, don't fix it. Just do the normal maintenance (fluids, battery, etc).

Take a good look at the wiring. Rodents may have been busy chewing the insulation.

Serial number says it's a 1956 Ferguson.

This would be a good find for restoration, if I were still in that business.
Don't often find a tractor in this good shape with both a FEL and a BH.

Enjoy your tractor.

Good luck

Good advice, that's what I'm doing with my 35 Utility gasser. It doesn't need to look pretty, it needs to work!

/ New to me 1956 TO35
Good advice, that's what I'm doing with my 35 Utility gasser. It doesn't need to look pretty, it needs to work!

I am bringing it home this Friday! And yes I have lots of work ready and waiting. I will try to take Flusher's advice and do maintenance items and leave the resto project type stuff for another day. My budget would agree to that too!

/ New to me 1956 TO35 #9  
Harry Ferguson invented the Three Point Hitch, which he licensed to Henry Ford in 1939, making the Ford 9N tractor possible. The Ford 9N tractor was also mostly Ferguson's design.

Ferguson was compulsive/obsessive. Ferguson's tractors were the best engineered, best assembled, of their day. You have a classic.

Google: Harry Ferguson

/ New to me 1956 TO35
I am beginning the maintenance on this tractor and right now it has no exhaust from the manifold on back. It is LOUD!
I am looking at part numbers for the exhaust and see:

180364 m91 34 1/2" long for the de-luxe model
185467 m91 28 5/8" long for the special model

the serial number is 169381

Does it matter which one of these mufflers I get? Do they both fit? And how do you tell which deluxe/ special/ TO35 this actually is?