Power steering leak from vent

/ Power steering leak from vent #1  

Lee Grah

Tractor
Massey 135 Perkins gas
Hello all first post.
Just bought a 135 Massey with the 3 cyl perkins gas. It has power steering and today started coming out of the vent and the lines were super hot.
If anyone has any idea what might be wrong I would appreciate some guidance.

Thanks
Lee

/ Power steering leak from vent #2  
Any luck with the overheating power steering fluid? We had the same thing happen on our work bull... burned the paint off fittings/hoses and blew the pump resovoir cover off! running a log splitter about 1/2 throttle for around an hour... motor was not overheated... any ideas?

/ Power steering leak from vent #3  
Hello and welcome to you both - it's always good to see more owners on board. :thumbsup:

Apologies for not being of any help - I'm currently unable to even suggest a cause. Did this suddenly begin to occur? Also, is there power assistance evident, or is it very heavy to turn whilst driving?

My MF40 loader has power-assisted steering - that has a small hydraulic cylinder on each side of the front axle inboard of the front wheels. Is this the same as yours, or do you have full power steering where the cylinder is forward of the radiator and acts on the "drop shaft" assembly?

I've worked my loader very hard for several hours moving wet clay, also loading road base into trucks on another occasion, with no real heat issues. :thumbsup:It does however have some badly-worn joints, and seems to leak from almost everywhere! Repairing that is likely to be done very soon - I'm losing a reservoir of oil in around an hour, so currently I fill it with used (but clean) ATF ... at least there's no cost there! :laughing:Hope to hear from you soon. :drink: