Can't find much info on this old tractor

/ Can't find much info on this old tractor #11  
It looks as if you have either a Massey Harris 50, or a Massey Ferguson 50. They are the same tractor, but the newly-merged Ferguson and Massey Harris companies didn't get around to settling on the MF hybrid name until the 1957 model year.

I have a 1956 Massey Harris 50, also in upstate NY, that looks just like it. It is a great tractor for numerous small farm chores, and I use mine primarily for bush hogging and lugging around wood chips and firewood in a carryall on the the 3 point hitch. One of its most attractive features is a very slow first gear, which I use for safety when mowing the edges of fields so branches don't peel me off the seat. The model 35/50/135/150 tractors make excellent bush hog tractors for this and other reasons.

You can buy replacement seat cushions from several online retailers for less than $100.

/ Can't find much info on this old tractor #12  
As the pics show it's been pretty much taken over by birds having sat in a barn for over 10 years. I'm told it's a 1957 model and runs fine. Need to get a new battery to try and start it. Anyone familiar with this model tractor?
View attachment 472035 | View attachment 472033 | View attachment 472034

From the tires and general condition I'd think it should be a good one. The MF 50 is basically the MF 35 with a stronger front axle, though this one might be a little longer than my 35. For research purposes, just look up Massey Ferguson 35, gas, American manufacture. It doesn't look British. The expandable rear wheels (width of track) indicate a deluxe model.

When I first bought my 35 Perkins diesel a commenter told me, "It will be handier than a shirt pocket." In the ten years since I've had no reason to disagree.

/ Can't find much info on this old tractor #13  
Actually these kind of similar models are sold in africa and asia regions.you can search for MF1035 or MF 35

/ Can't find much info on this old tractor
Here's another pic. When I get back up there I'll look more closely and take some other shots:
Tractor_4.jpg

As you sit on the tractor on your left side on side of the engine you (hopefully) will find engine plate...I'm betting it says its a Contenintal Z134 engine, which was put on MF 50 tractors. If it has a tach, it will most surely also have a 2 stage clutch (this would be good news). Take the spark plugs out before you try and turn over the engine as this will help the oil pump "pump up" pressure to the upper engine (If it was me, I'd drain the oil and replace it before I tried this). Also be sure and push in the clutch before you try and turn it over, just in case the plates have frozen together. Mo' pics pls! It looks like a perfect candidate for re-hab! BobG in VA