Fan belt replacement on MF 135 Z145 gas engine?

/ Fan belt replacement on MF 135 Z145 gas engine? #1  

Cedarsnapp

Tractor
1965 MF 135 with Continental Z145
I'm getting ready to replace the old cracked fan belt on my 1965 MF 135 with Continental Z145 gas engine. Can the fan belt just be slipped over the fan blades or is it more involved? Any helpful tips? Thanks. Alt closeup.JPG

/ Fan belt replacement on MF 135 Z145 gas engine? #2  
I'm getting ready to replace the old cracked fan belt on my 1965 MF 135 with Continental Z145 gas engine. Can the fan belt just be slipped over the fan blades or is it more involved? Any helpful tips? Thanks.View attachment 475296

I have a Z 129 on my TO-30 and the belt on that tractor can be slipped over the fan. Try it with the existing belt to be sure.

/ Fan belt replacement on MF 135 Z145 gas engine?
Thanks, Jerry, that worked!

/ Fan belt replacement on MF 135 Z145 gas engine? #4  
a bit abrassive on the knuckles.. but yeah..

/ Fan belt replacement on MF 135 Z145 gas engine? #6  
   / Fan belt replacement on MF 135 Z145 gas engine? #7  
Folks can do what they want....but I wouldn't trust it....a good Gates belt will only last about 15 or 20 years...and probably not cost any more...BobG in VA

Agreed.. any time a belt can be cahanged with no major disassembly.. I'd go with a real belt.

i do have a machine with an odd front pump that would require a loader frame to come off to get the pump decoupled to replace a fan and a power steering belt.

if either THOSE 2 LET GO>> i MIGHT be tempted to use the link belt. ;)

/ Fan belt replacement on MF 135 Z145 gas engine? #8  
I installed a new fan belt on my TO-35 last summer, after the old belt had " only" 40 years of use. My tractor has a front end loader, and the hydraulic pump for the FEL runs from a shaft coupled to the crankshaft at the front of the engine. I'd been dreading installing the new belt, but it wasn't a very hard job after all. I unbolted the drive flange at the hydraulic pump, and unbolted the pump from the FEL frame to create a space to slip in the new belt. No hydraulic hoses needed to be removed.