MF30 Industrial ID

/ MF30 Industrial ID #1  

Militoy

Tractor
1941 Farmall BN; Massey-Ferguson MF30
I have a 70's MF30 industrial that I need a service manual for. I noticed that there are several versions of the manual available - MF30, MF30C, MF30D, MF30E. Anyone know the differences between these models? Mine is unfortunately missing the ID plate that should be under the dash - there are only little holes where the plate should be. Is there a serial number located somewhere else on the tractor? The tractor is equipped with an MF34 loader, a box scraper with rippers and a Perkins diesel. Can I maybe use the S/N on the Perkins to zero in on the build date? Thanks!

/ MF30 Industrial ID #2  
G'Day there :) You appear to have a similar machine to mine. I trust you're happy with it - I'm really impressed with (and increasingly reliant on) mine. :thumbsup: I've had it for almost three years. Any chance of some pics of yours? What sort of jobs do you use it for? How long ago did you buy it?

I think the best repair manual to use is from - correct spelling, I hope - "AGCOPUBS" Costs a couple bucks, but it isn't a scanned book copy you struggle to read. I don't have any manual, just use internet for specs and experience for know-how. Let me know how you get on regarding a manual. :drink:

/ MF30 Industrial ID #3  
If it's an MF34 loader and not a 34A loader, you have a straight MF30. You missed the 30B that would have a 34A loader. The serial number should start with 9A and would tell the year too.

/ MF30 Industrial ID #4  
If it's an MF34 loader and not a 34A loader, you have a straight MF30. You missed the 30B that would have a 34A loader. The serial number should start with 9A and would tell the year too.

How do you tell the year from the serial number on a 30B industrial? I have one that starts with 9A and can not find the year in any of the serial # listings.

/ MF30 Industrial ID #5  
9A serial numbers were used for all the lower HP tractors Ag and industrial tractors as well as some other equipment too. Shouldn't be too hard to google MF 9A serial numbers.

/ MF30 Industrial ID #6  
9A serial numbers were used for all the lower HP tractors Ag and industrial tractors as well as some other equipment too. Shouldn't be too hard to google MF 9A serial numbers.

I have been doing searches but can't find listings for the industrials, it should be somewhere between 78 and 82 but I would like to find out more about it.

/ MF30 Industrial ID #7  
There is no distinction between Ag and industrial tractors. Years are all the same for the serial numbers.

/ MF30 Industrial ID #8  
There is no distinction between Ag and industrial tractors. Years are all the same for the serial numbers.

I have not been able to find a listing anywhere for 9A 278278, Tractor Data does not list anything for the serial number on the 30B or 40B. Not sure which it is, it has 30B on the hood side panel but 40B on the loader arms.

/ MF30 Industrial ID #10  
Here is a pic of the tractor while teaching my grandson how to operate it.
IMG_2469.JPG