My 1972 Massey Ferguson 135 diesel

/ My 1972 Massey Ferguson 135 diesel #11  
The FEL is surprisingly strong :superman:

(BTW, what does FEL stand for exactly? :confused:)

F=Front, E = End , L = Loader. MF-135 = Nice Tractor

/ My 1972 Massey Ferguson 135 diesel #13  
Hi, great to see another one being looked after. I'm amazed someone would give it away! But you are fortunate - they go forever. :D My father bought ours in 1968 and we still love it - it's like yours - isn't pretty, but ultra-reliable and capable. I was using it yesterday. :thumbsup: Unfortunately ours doesn't have a loader ... but our MF40 does, it's similar, same drivetrain and just as reliable but a much heavier and stable machine. It also has 3PL and PTO. And you're right, the loaders are indeed stronger than they look! :laughing:
By the way, is yours diesel, like both of ours?

/ My 1972 Massey Ferguson 135 diesel
Hi, great to see another one being looked after. I'm amazed someone would give it away! But you are fortunate - they go forever. :D My father bought ours in 1968 and we still love it - it's like yours - isn't pretty, but ultra-reliable and capable. I was using it yesterday. :thumbsup: Unfortunately ours doesn't have a loader ... but our MF40 does, it's similar, same drivetrain and just as reliable but a much heavier and stable machine. It also has 3PL and PTO. And you're right, the loaders are indeed stronger than they look! :laughing:
By the way, is yours diesel, like both of ours?

Well my father had two tractors, this one and a Case 4230, so he decided to give this one to me as he wasn't using it any longer.

Reliable for sure, she starts every time :thumbsup: But time has taken its toll on the old machine, but since I started using it it's coming more and more back to life :)

As the name of this thread states, mine is indeed a diesel :thumbsup:

Here are some photos of when I replaced the brake shoes :)

New vs. old

New vs. old

New shoes

Old shoes. On this side the oil seal is leaking so there was oil inside the brake drum. Will have to be replaced some day :cool2:

And this is what the coolant looked like when I replaced it two years ago :shocked:

/ My 1972 Massey Ferguson 135 diesel #19  
G'day Norwegian.
Do the brakes work now??.
Hutch.

G'day Norwegian.
Do the brakes work now??.
Hutch.

Haha, yes they actually work! And they don't squeak any more :shocked:
All in all a new experience :laughing: