Off-topic - Apologies for recent absence

/ Off-topic - Apologies for recent absence #21  
Best Wishes for continued successful treatment.

Regards, Dave.

/ Off-topic - Apologies for recent absence
Thanks again guys.
Tomorrow is the half-way mark in Jennifer's treatment and she's coping rather well, although she is noticing her is beginning to fall out. I keep reminding her it will grow straight back again but she's nevertheless quite frightened. Aside from the occasional headache there aren't really any other notable side-effects yet - we all hope things stay that way. Her doctors are all very happy with her progress. It hasn't stopped her from skating though :laughing: she's just currently not allowed to take part in any events.

/ Off-topic - Apologies for recent absence #23  
I'm sorry your dealing with this. Even though the prognosis is positive, I can't imagine how disconcerting this is for you. We live to keep our kids safe and wish we could take away all their illness and pain. If her hair has started to thin or fall out, it may be best to go ahead and shave it. Bald is beautiful and she is no less of a woman without it. Have the whole family and her friends shave too, in solidarity. It would make her less self-conscious.

/ Off-topic - Apologies for recent absence #24  
So I start off reading this thread and wondering whom I'm reading about. I keep going and then I get to the picture of her and those two medals and I realize that I've seen the picture before. This is that Jenifer. I'm glad I kept going. Prayers and all the best for her future! Thanks for sharing.

/ Off-topic - Apologies for recent absence #25  
Still sending thoughts, prayers, and good vibes to you and your family. Thanks for the updates!

A quick update:
Jenny's last chemo- was last Wednesday; last radio was Thursday. :thumbsup: That was 33 visits, then she's Ok for 3 weeks, then a scan to check for recurrence of tumours, progress on post-operation brain repositioning and 3 more doses of chemo-therapy. This is repeated several times 3-4 weeks apart.
We spent last weekend (3 days) camping, fishing (Jenny caught the first two fish ;) ), swimming, bushwalking (hiking) and BBQs on campfire. (I need a rest :eek:).
She's regaining her amazing appetite :rolleyes:, planning to resume competitive skating and returning to school almost full-time. She's certainly much happier as well - that could be attributed to knowing her hair will start growing back, although she didn't seem to lose much - not as much as the radiologist expected. Keep fingers crossed! :thumbsup:

/ Off-topic - Apologies for recent absence #27  
Great to hear, Patrick! :)

/ Off-topic - Apologies for recent absence #29  
Patrick, our hearts go out to you and your family, may god bless you all.

Thank you once again for all your caring and encouraging words of empathy. It really does help a lot to know so many caring people are hoping each day to see good news. It's been 4 months now and things might just be slowly beginning to improve, but the more I find out about this illness, the more often I read about people who have suddenly and without any foreseeable reason had a serious relapse. That's why it isn't easy to relax, but as time passes I feel we are seeing steady progress. Lets hope I am right. Cheers for now.