MF 35 or 35X what do I have

/ MF 35 or 35X what do I have #1  

Farmer Scott

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 35
I bought a second MF 35 tractor last summer and I am trying to figure out what I actually have. 35 or 35X.

It's a 1964 MF 35 3 cylinder Perkins. serial number
SNMY 353514. Number stamped on the block in front of the exhaust manifold near the water pump elbow on the left side of the tractor is 19A9797.

This number is not cast. It's been stamped with punches.

The tractor was re-painted and the original stickers painted over on the side of the bonnet. New stickers were put over the old painted ones but appear to be about 6 to 7 inches shorter as if the wrong stickers were installed. The current stickers just say "Massey Ferguson 35"

It has the locking differential, dual clutch, deluxe seat. The starter is original from what I can tell with CAV Made in England stamped on it. The solenoid is not on the starter but rather mounted on the tractor in behind the air oil bath cleaner.

The tractor has a instrument panel that only has the Oil gauge, Tachometer and Ammeter gauge. I have read that the 35X has a higher rated tach at 1700 RPM instead of the 1540 rpm that are not 35X. I will look at the old Tach to confirm as I replaced with a new one and not 100% sure what it says.

I also read that the bracket for the Dynamo generator is different on the 35X and from the description of what I read "the MF 35X has a bit of flat bar bent into a long E (the middle leg missing) with two bolts on the front casing, fitted diagonally." From this description my generator has this bracket.

Can anybody confirm this is actually in fact a 35X. What does the X stand for? Is it Deluxe?

Thanks

Scott

/ MF 35 or 35X what do I have #3  
64 could be a 35X. The 35X had a higher revving engine and some claim it was available with Multi-Power.