What have I got

/ What have I got #1  

rabet

Tractor
ferguson
Hi all,
I live in the jungle of Borneo, and have found / bought a red Ferguson tractor, but it is not what it seems.
I cannot identify the engine. Tractor serial number SNM172001, so it should have a perkins 3.152 engine, thats where it all goes wrong.
The engine is a 4 pot, have found a number on left hand side block just under head gasket rear corner. Number 29C2061.

Can any one please tell me what engine do I have, I hope so as it has taken me 6 weeks of searching and have got no where.

many thanks
Rabet

/ What have I got #3  
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

We're going to need pictures of the tractor to help us help you, including any 'plates' where you recorded those SNs from. Even if there are no model decals, sometimes the shape of the body or radiator grill can give u a clue.

Enjoy the site.

/ What have I got
The problem I have is that my phone is of the old school type and does not do pictures, and at my age i would not know how to do it either. So I have to rely on words. I have a feeling, that is quite common with most things out here, where things get mixed up, part from here, from there, or where ever, because here you either repair it some how or you don't have it.
I saw a post from this site on the internet where a person had a simular problem where there engine number was 29D**** and mine is 29C**** so must be the same family. The rear wheels are like thoes on MF165, 3 parts, rim, center and joining flange to enable the track to be adjusted. The brakes are not drum but look to be inboard disc. This is not like FE or TO. So you can see why I am a bit confused. I contacted the yesterdays tractors site but they do not give any engine serial number samples. Also it seems they do not respond to questions unles you have purchased their maintenance DVD's.
But when you do not know what you have it is difficult to purchase anything.
From the casting numbers on the trans case it looks like built 1960.
So if any one has any more info reguarding the engine serial numbers I would be more than greatful. I think it is a perkins 4.212.

Rabet

/ What have I got #5  
It sounds like a 65 or 165 from your description.
How many gauges on the dashboard?. If 5 gauges then you have a "deluxe" model. The "standard" model had less gauges.
Gearbox, 6 speed,8 speed, multipower?
If you access the internet look up MF65, MF165, and MF265 pictures. Which one has the body work your tractor has?
Do you have a friend with a camera phone or a digital camera who can up load pictures for you?

/ What have I got
Hi, Thanks for response.
Gearbox 6 speed, double clutch, gauges I think 3, has diff lock, and 2 steering arm, BUT the bodywork might not be original from this tractor, it just fits!!!! The current bodywork hingers from the bottom of the front panel to expose the complete engine and long fuel tank sitting directly on top of the engine. It has the name "Ferguson" on front grill.

I will have a look at MF65 & others.

Thanks Rabet

/ What have I got #7  
IF its a diesel, it has to have an injection pump on it.. the inj. pump has a name plate.. if you get the #'s off the np. I can tell you what you have.

/ What have I got
Hi wagtail,
Thanks for showing intrest,
This is the problem, the engine does not match, ferguson 35 has a 3 pot 3.152 perkins, this tractor has a 4 pot diesel?? and it is not "Standard diesel 23c"

keep scratching your head!!

Rabet

/ What have I got
Hi The pump guy,
You might just be my knight in silver armour!!
Injection pump info:-
CAV 0698, LP55/850/9/2160, P (not confirmed P, but looks like it) 12352.

On the LH side of the block in center is a casting number D295.

Thanks
Rabet