MF 135 pto, 3 point and freeze plug issues

/ MF 135 pto, 3 point and freeze plug issues #1  

Syslogv4

Tractor
Kubota L2501
I have a MF 135 with the Perkins diesel. The 3 point won't stay in the same spot when I'm bushhogging. It raises or lowers on its own. It also requires that the draft control is about half way before the position control will lift.

Next, the pto won't engage to engine when the tractor is on, but it can when it's off. It will engage to ground at all times.

Last, I was bushhogging and blew a rubber freeze plug on the left side. I put a new one in and then it blew the other one on the same side, rubber as well. The one I relaxed started backing out...

Any ideas?

/ MF 135 pto, 3 point and freeze plug issues #2  
Rubber freeze plug? Do you have the proper clearance on the clutch pedal?

/ MF 135 pto, 3 point and freeze plug issues
It's one of those rubber expansion plugs. I've tried adjusting the pedal but the shaft won't turn.

/ MF 135 pto, 3 point and freeze plug issues #4  
Those should be replaced with real plugs.

/ MF 135 pto, 3 point and freeze plug issues #5  
You have no clearance on the pedal?

I have to undo the exhaust pipe for one which looks simple, but the other one... it's behind something and I'm not sure taking it off is as simple as it seems.

Maybe I didn't do the pedal adjustment right but I loosened the bolt and stuck a rod through the shaft and couldn't turn it.

IMG_2453.JPG picture of what the freeze plug is behind. What is that?

Any ideas on the 3pt issues?

/ MF 135 pto, 3 point and freeze plug issues #9  
The draft control generally has to be all the way up for the position control to work. That may be why your 3 pt. seems to have a mind of it's own. Draft control is only used for ground engaging implements. If you want to set your mower at a set height, use the position control and leave the draft control all the way up. You can set the position control to limit how high the 3 pt. lifts when using the draft control though. I use the draft control with the heavy harrow I made out of H beam on the 3 pt. to level sand on my MX track. It keeps the harrow from going too deep and causing the tractor tires to dig big holes. It's common to have to feather the clutch to engage the PTO but the clutch may need adjusting. Not sure about the rubber plugs.