Nuts and bolts on a Fergie

/ Nuts and bolts on a Fergie #1  

stuckmotor

Tractor
AC WD 34 hp/3500 lbs MF 261 60 hp/5380 lbs
I think I read many years ago that some of the older Ferguson tractors were put together so that only one or two wrenches were needed to remove every nut and bolt on the tractor. Can someone confirm this and tell me which models were made that way or is my memory playing tricks? If it could be pulled off, it seems like an excellent idea to me.

/ Nuts and bolts on a Fergie #2  
On the TE and relatives MF 35/135 the main spanner is 11/16, all most all nuts and bolts uses this.

/ Nuts and bolts on a Fergie
Agvg,
Thank you. I found the information shortly after I posted. The "FERGUSON SPANNER" fit 11/16 and 1 1/16. I'll have to check my MF 261 and see how many nuts and bolts those sizes fit. If it's a good many, I might aquire a Ferguson spanner.

BTW
Ursus which I see made one of your tractors also made my MF 261. Go Poland!

/ Nuts and bolts on a Fergie #4  
I remember as a boy having our "tractor spanner" in the tool box of each tractor. A black-steel double open-end that seemed to fit nearly everything needing a spanner in day-to-day operation - even fitted the adjustment bolts of the slide-type top link and the fixed-height links. :laughing:
Haven't seen either of ours for over 30 years though! :eek:

/ Nuts and bolts on a Fergie
Literature I've found said they had a scale on the side so they could be used to measure the fuel level in the tank. The one wrench fits all idea sounds to me like a stroke of genius.