te rear wheel nuts

/ te rear wheel nuts #1  

dwdw

Tractor
te20 ferguson
Hello all, I have just replaced the oils seals on the rear of my fergie TE tractor. Can anyone tell me the correct torque for the rear wheel nuts I have looked in all my fergie manuals & cannot find it. Thanks in advance. DW.

/ te rear wheel nuts #2  
Google bolt torque chart and go by what you find on that chart. Are you really sure you manuals don't have bolt torque charts somewhere near the back. Every one of my implement operator manuals has a bolt torque chart in the back.

I also put a drop of blue Loktite on each wheel bolt before tightening.

/ te rear wheel nuts
Google bolt torque chart and go by what you find on that chart. Are you really sure you manuals don't have bolt torque charts somewhere near the back. Every one of my implement operator manuals has a bolt torque chart in the back.

I also put a drop of blue Loktite on each wheel bolt before tightening.

Hello again, googled bolt torque chart & it is someone asking the same question, rear wheel torque settings but without an answer or a link to a chart. so still none the wiser. My manuals are not the original MF workshop manuals but service data & IT shop service publications. So although very thorough, good enough to be able to replace halfshaft seals, no torque settings for wheel nuts.

You mention you have charts can you upload the relavant one to the site?

All the best DW.

/ te rear wheel nuts #4  
DW - I'll give it a good 'ol try. Its right at the outer extreme of my abilities. It means coordination between me/computer/copy machine.

/ te rear wheel nuts #5  
Ok, so all my efforts resulted in a zip file which will not upload.

DW - go to the official Land Pride web site. Get into their operator manual, for any of there implements and in the back of any Op manual will be a Bolt Torque Values chart.

Sorry I just could not get the darn system to co-operate today. The Land Pride site will get you what you need.

/ te rear wheel nuts
Ok, so all my efforts resulted in a zip file which will not upload.

DW - go to the official Land Pride web site. Get into their operator manual, for any of there implements and in the back of any Op manual will be a Bolt Torque Values chart.

Sorry I just could not get the darn system to co-operate today. The Land Pride site will get you what you need.

thanks for the effort to upload data, went on land pride but cant find operator manual seems to be all kubota tractors, mine is a grey fergie 1948 vintage. So still looking, could you look up the wheel nut torque from your manual & just upload those torque numbers. All the best DW.

/ te rear wheel nuts #7  
OK - DW I'll just copy it right here. Remember all bolt torque charts are universal. In other words a chart for my Kubota is the same chart for your Fergie.

Bolt diameter SAE 2 SAE 5 SAE 8

1/4" 6 9 12

5/16" 10 19 27

3/8" 20 33 45

7/16" 30 53 75

1/2" 45 80 115

9/16" 60 115 165

5/8" 95 160 220

3/4" 165 290 400

7/8" 170 420 650

1" 225 630 970

All the values on this bolt torque chart are expressed in foot pounds.

DW - this chart is going to compress - so the first value is for grade 2, second is for grade 5 and third is for grade 8

/ te rear wheel nuts #8  
DW, If you have trouble figuring out that darn chart, tell me the diameter of your wheel bolts and grade. I will look at my chart and tell you the torque value to use. Bolt grade - look at the head of the bolt - zero raised "tick marks" = grade 2, three raised "tick marks" = grade 5, six raised "tick marks" = grade 8.

/ te rear wheel nuts #9  
OK - DW I'll just copy it right here. Remember all bolt torque charts are universal. In other words a chart for my Kubota is the same chart for your Fergie.

Bolt diameter SAE 2 SAE 5 SAE 8

1/4" 6 9 12

5/16" 10 19 27

3/8" 20 33 45

7/16" 30 53 75

1/2" 45 80 115

9/16" 60 115 165

5/8" 95 160 220

3/4" 165 290 400

7/8" 170 420 650

1" 225 630 970

All the values on this bolt torque chart are expressed in foot pounds.

DW - this chart is going to compress - so the first value is for grade 2, second is for grade 5 and third is for grade 8
These figures are for American coarse thread​

Fine thread figures are about 10% higher and most lugs are fine thread.
Assume at least Gr 5 for wheel lugs - usually Gr 8 or M 10.9​

/ te rear wheel nuts
These figures are for American coarse thread​

Fine thread figures are about 10% higher and most lugs are fine thread.
Assume at least Gr 5 for wheel lugs - usually Gr 8 or M 10.9​

Many thanks, chart came out as it should in the email, so looks like I need 95 ft lbs.
Thanks for your time. Rgds DW.