MF 135 Lights Not Working

/ MF 135 Lights Not Working #1  

slhilbert

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 135
My lights were working, but in trying to wire in some 12 volt LED flood lights I have managed to get them to not work. I believe I burned up my voltage regulator, but I am looking for some confirmation about that from you guys. Before I started I had two working headlights and some gauges were lighting up on the dashboard. Now, nothing lights up at all.

My work light got knocked out in the back while bush hogging and rather than pay $50 for a new one I decided to buy two 12 volt LED Flood lights. I tested them out and they seemed to work fine. However, when I was mounting the final one everything went dark. I suspect that the voltage regulator burnt up. Do you think so? If that is the problem, why did it burn up? I wouldn't think these LED lights would be a problem. I am attaching a short video to further explain. Thanks for the help.

Stuart

/ MF 135 Lights Not Working #2  
G'day mate the leds will draw less current than the orig lights and grounding to the frame will be fine youneed to go back to basics first and see if you have power into the light switch I am assuming that your ign is still working correctly, depending on the regulator some are fused under the cover so pop it off and look in there, this is assuming that your light switch is fed from the reg and not the ign switch

Jon

/ MF 135 Lights Not Working #3  
Fuse? I blew one while wiring in my LEDs. It would seem your lights would work off the battery regardless of the VR being bad.

/ MF 135 Lights Not Working #4  
You either have to get serious in testing or have someone test it for you. The voltage regulator isn't your problem,most likely a blown fuse but you'll have to look before you will know.

/ MF 135 Lights Not Working
You either have to get serious in testing or have someone test it for you. The voltage regulator isn't your problem,most likely a blown fuse but you'll have to look before you will know.

UPDATE:

I went ahead and replaced the voltage regulator and as you guys said, it didn't do the trick. I started digging under the dashboard and low and behold, there is a Fuse and it was blown. I replaced the fuse and that fixed the issue. I was trying to add two LED spots onto the back of the tractor, but the second one kept blowing a fuse. I tried isolating it by itself and it continued to blow the fuse. I suspect that at some place the positive wire is exposed and grounding to the frame, but I couldn't find it.

I was running out of fuses so I decided to leave it at one spot, as it is super bright anyway and call it a day.

Thanks for the help and the suggestions.
Stuart