58' TO-35 Injection pump help

/ 58' TO-35 Injection pump help #1  

Aprice0101

Tractor
Massey To35; New Holland TC35DA
Hey there, I resealed some leaking points on my injection pump on my to35 with a 23c diesel, and tried to time it and put it back on, however, I have a slight problem... The typical pages say say to turn the engine to #1 TDC to when the 1/4 round rod sticks through the check hole into the hole in the flywheel, I did this, then to line the letter G on the injection pump up to the scribe line on the circlip. I did both of these steps, and the pump wouldn't fit it, I then noticed my pump and pump housing gears, both driven and drive gears are keyed so that they fit in only one way. When inserted this way, the pump scribe line shows slightly above H.... Tried lining up the scribe lines on the housing as well with no success. I didn't touch valves or the front engine timing and the tractor ran well prior to removal, other then too much fuel leaking.. Can someone help please?

/ 58' TO-35 Injection pump help
Update: spill test confirms location of G and scribe on circlip for correct.... So how can I get them to match up?

/ 58' TO-35 Injection pump help #3  
How are you "spill timing" a DPA pump?
The correct way is, to determine #1 cylinder on the pump, usually done w/ the pump # off the name plate & look at the test plans for calibration.
BUT seeing you have the pump & the machine, its not difficult.. just follow the lines from # 1 injector/cylinder down to the correct port on the pump..
THEN put shop air into that cylinder on the pump, rotate the drive BY HAND, in the direction of rotation until the rollers hit the cam ring.. the drive stops turning. DOUBLE CHECK.
THEN, the clip is rotated in the housing to line up w/ the correct letter. A hammer & screwdriver can be used to accomplish this.

/ 58' TO-35 Injection pump help
How are you "spill timing" a DPA pump?
The correct way is, to determine #1 cylinder on the pump, usually done w/ the pump # off the name plate & look at the test plans for calibration.
BUT seeing you have the pump & the machine, its not difficult.. just follow the lines from # 1 injector/cylinder down to the correct port on the pump..
THEN put shop air into that cylinder on the pump, rotate the drive BY HAND, in the direction of rotation until the rollers hit the cam ring.. the drive stops turning. DOUBLE CHECK.
THEN, the clip is rotated in the housing to line up w/ the correct letter. A hammer & screwdriver can be used to accomplish this.

Cheers, sorry for an extremely late reply, i was overseas and such. Anyways i'll be tackling that as soon as the weather gets better, been way too much rain where i'm at. Thanks again, take care.

/ 58' TO-35 Injection pump help #5  
IF u haven't touched the C clip inside the pump, it should be right on..
If the pump is keyed, don't worry about it.. it will only go on 1 way..
Line up the lines on the engine block to the timing line on the pump mounting flange & off u go..
9x otta 10 the paint/grease marks on the engine block will tell u where it WAS..