Mystery MF 35UTLY / GOV 35 what year?

/ Mystery MF 35UTLY / GOV 35 what year? #1  

Goody15

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 35 utility
I bought this Massey 35, couldn't be happier...even the more knowledgeable OL MAN who specializes in Massey can't get info on this. I THINK this is early 60's MF 35utility, but was told this is actually a Government 35 from Massey Ferguson. It has a solid (non adjustable) front axle, front pto that runs on crank and foot throttle, five gauges with dash light, rare seat I can't seem to find, two speed transmission, live pto, turf tires (believed to be original), power steering at steering column, auxiliary pto to rear, continental 4 cylinder gas motor, 12 digit serial number beginning with 655..
We believe this to be a government 35, but have no idea what year? Obviously it was originally painted yellow and someone tried painting it more traditional MF35. The rear rims seem to have weights inside and out - I have yet to find any rims matching these???

PLEASE HELP, ANY INFO AND / OR PICS ARE VERY APPRECIATED!

/ Mystery MF 35UTLY / GOV 35 what year?
If your serial number starts with 655, it's a Government model. They're a touch different than the rest, but you can still get part numbers. See this thread:

MF 35 Utility-Government Serial No. ????????? - Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson Forum - Yesterday's Tractors
Shaeff, yes that thread was actually my father, lol, but thank u for trying to help...we just want try to figure out the "story" of this tractor. It is frustrating when we can't definitively say what year it is. Again, thank u and please keep sharing n e ideas