MF 150 slow hydraulics

/ MF 150 slow hydraulics #1  

ssrider

Tractor
1963 massey 150, 1972 Dynahoe 190
Hi I have a 1963 MF 150 and over the past couple years the hydraulics have really seemed to slow down. It's much worse in the winter (to be expected). I have a loader on the tractor which runs off the internal hydraulic pump. The hydraulics also have a "shutter" to them when using them. I've checked the level and it is good clean oil. I don't think there is a hydraulic filter anywhere to change? Any other thoughts? Thank you

/ MF 150 slow hydraulics #2  
Actually there should be a filter inside the tractor, it should be a element strainer type.
The pump your referring to is the one inside the tractor that’s under your seat correct?

/ MF 150 slow hydraulics
How do I access this internal filter? Hopefully without splitting the tractor...
The loader is plumbed into the tractors hydraulic system. I'm not sure where the pump is? The valve is mounted under the seat

/ MF 150 slow hydraulics #4  
You can access it through the side pto cover on the left side of the tractor. It’s tight but I’ve heard it’s doable. Easiest is to pull the lift cover up, but you can open up a can of worms that way and have to watch for a part so it doesn’t drop to the bottom depts of the rear.
You can go here to find it and have a idea of where it is and may be helpful on getting a part number for the filter. But your gonna Wana pull out the old one first. There were a few different model pumps used in all tractors.

AGCO Parts Books

Edit: pic on web not sure what model/year this is but this is what the pump will look like and to the top the round canister looking thing is the filter.
Google Image Result for http://photos.yesterdaystractors.com/gallery/uptest/a128985.jpg

/ MF 150 slow hydraulics
Thank you for the information. I will try to access through the side cover. Hopefully I can see in there enough to figure it out. I assume I must drain all the oil before I do this?

/ MF 150 slow hydraulics #6  
That痴 up to you. You can drain it til it痴 a little below the cover or all of it.
I壇 probably go be eat on that. When you pull the drain plug watch it to see if any water or milky color oil drains from the start. Water usually settles to the bottom or oil.

But easiest would be to drain it all.