Massey ferguson 135 adapt front hydraulic pump

/ Massey ferguson 135 adapt front hydraulic pump #1  

Uruguayo

Tractor
Mitsubishi mt 3501d - massey ferguson 1175 perkins 6.305 - ferguson te20 1951 perkins 4.154 marine adapted - Mf 135 1972 perkins ad 3.152
Has anyone installed a front hydraulic pump in a mf 135 with a perkins engine ad 3.152? I greatly appreciate your collaboration!

/ Massey ferguson 135 adapt front hydraulic pump #2  
I havent done it but I would like to as well. There is alot of parts needed to make it work unfortunately.

/ Massey ferguson 135 adapt front hydraulic pump #3  
Yes, it would be a difficult job. There are quite a few aspects to consider - from the tubular front axle pivot to the different front pulley to the pump mounts ... a lot of parts, what a nightmare! Best idea is to find a second-hand kit from an industrial MF40, MF3135 etc if you indeed need a front pump. If you don't have power steering, a pump to mount at the timing case is available - Ford used it on the 3000 and possibly other models too.
is that an option?

/ Massey ferguson 135 adapt front hydraulic pump
Yes, it would be a difficult job. There are quite a few aspects to consider - from the tubular front axle pivot to the different front pulley to the pump mounts ... a lot of parts, what a nightmare! Best idea is to find a second-hand kit from an industrial MF40, MF3135 etc if you indeed need a front pump. If you don't have power steering, a pump to mount at the timing case is available - Ford used it on the 3000 and possibly other models too.
is that an option?

hello, I've been looking and it's a real headache to adapt the front pump, my mf has no hydraulic direction so it's a good option what you raise me of a pump in the distribution, (I'm worried about the wear that can cause to the gears) can you help me about it? Thank you!!

/ Massey ferguson 135 adapt front hydraulic pump #5  
I don't understand what you mean by "my mf has no hydraulic direction"
and by "it's a good option what you raise me of a pump in the distribution"
Also - what gears are you worried will wear?

/ Massey ferguson 135 adapt front hydraulic pump #6  
My guess is that its a mixed up word from the Spanish to English translation given that the OP is from Uruguay.

My guess would be the intended translation is as follows
hello, I've been looking and it's a real headache to adapt the front pump, my mf has no hydraulic flow so it's a good option what you raise me of a pump in the timing case, (I'm worried about the wear that can cause to the gears) can you help me about it? Thank you!!

Aaron Z

Apologies for my bad translation, I mean that my tractor does not have hydraulic steering, so it is possible to put a hydraulic pump where the hydraulic pump would go, I wonder if the gear of the distribution that is designed for the hydraulic pump of the direction will support a bigger hydraulic pump, thanks!

My guess is that its a mixed up word from the Spanish to English translation given that the OP is from Uruguay.

My guess would be the intended translation is as follows

Aaron Z

Thanks for your help!

/ Massey ferguson 135 adapt front hydraulic pump #9  
Appreciate your help Aaron - you're certainly more experienced in understanding "Spanish-English" than I :thumbsup:

Uruguyao - I may be mistaken in believing Ford used a pump mounted at the timing case. :confused: I'm thinking more and more the pump is driven off a gear at the end of the camshaft - it's certainly at the rear of the engine. This cannot be used on a 135. That being the case, a hydraulic pump which will match the mounting holes on the RH side of the timing case where a power steering pump normally is fitted would be the best option, if a suitable pump can be obtained. The gear which would drive it I believe is certainly capable of coping with the load - it is about 1" wide. Trucks have a small "PTO" drive off their gearbox for operating a hydraulic pump for a tilt-tray, dumper body and many other applications. These drive gears are sometimes as small as 5/8" wide.
But I'm also wondering what is the reason you need a larger hydraulic pump? What equipment would you use it to operate? And does it need to be permanently-mounted? I'm also thinking an additional pump driven by the PTO shaft might be an option?
Sorry for the confusion and all the questions. :eek:

Appreciate your help Aaron - you're certainly more experienced in understanding "Spanish-English" than I :thumbsup:

Uruguyao - I may be mistaken in believing Ford used a pump mounted at the timing case. :confused: I'm thinking more and more the pump is driven off a gear at the end of the camshaft - it's certainly at the rear of the engine. This cannot be used on a 135. That being the case, a hydraulic pump which will match the mounting holes on the RH side of the timing case where a power steering pump normally is fitted would be the best option, if a suitable pump can be obtained. The gear which would drive it I believe is certainly capable of coping with the load - it is about 1" wide. Trucks have a small "PTO" drive off their gearbox for operating a hydraulic pump for a tilt-tray, dumper body and many other applications. These drive gears are sometimes as small as 5/8" wide.
But I'm also wondering what is the reason you need a larger hydraulic pump? What equipment would you use it to operate? And does it need to be permanently-mounted? I'm also thinking an additional pump driven by the PTO shaft might be an option?
Sorry for the confusion and all the questions. :eek:

Dear PatrickS2222, I think now if we understand each other hahaha sorry for that, I need the hydraulic system for a log splitter and a front loader, yesterday I was in contact with an importer in the area and decided to install a hydraulic pump in the pto, if Well I am familiar with hydraulic systems since I work as an industrial designer in a metallurgical company, in my country the hydraulic components are very expensive, for that reason I turn to experienced people like you, I really appreciate your time and patience hahaha
I send you a hug from Uruguay to that beautiful country where you live