Best Sources for Manuals?

/ Best Sources for Manuals? #1  

MarblemountLane

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 204 circa 1959
My own interest is in my 1959 (according to SN lookup) MF 204 with its 102 loader and 220 backhoe, specifically the 220 backhoe at the moment.
I just got the backhoe home. The guy who sold me the tractor did not use it, and it was stored at a different location for years.
I can see it will need TLC, but I expected to put more into the backhoe than the tractor will need. But it's a substantial backhoe with three buckets (which will need some teeth and a bit of repair).

I see a big shop manual at Agkits. Also a smaller owner's manual.

Do the folks here have preferences between Agkits, Jensales and the other purveyors of reprinted manuals?

Thanks.

/ Best Sources for Manuals? #2  
http://www.agcopubs.com

That is the factory source for manuals. Don't buy cheap re-prints off any other site, I tried that and it's just not worth the marginal (at best) savings. The Agcopubs books are factory, grab a nice three ring binder to put it all in for protection as the pages are shipped loose.

The site is a bit awkward to navigate sometimes, but trust me, they have what you need.

/ Best Sources for Manuals?
Thanks. Good information is what I need. When buying full factory shop manuals for vehicles as varied as a 1978 Saab 99 Turbo and a 1996 Chevy Suburban, I only considered them expensive until I compared to the cost of the manual to a few hours of dealership shop time. :)

/ Best Sources for Manuals? #4  
Thanks. Good information is what I need. When buying full factory shop manuals for vehicles as varied as a 1978 Saab 99 Turbo and a 1996 Chevy Suburban, I only considered them expensive until I compared to the cost of the manual to a few hours of dealership shop time. :)

My thoughts exactly. :) Pay a little now, or pay a lot later!