Massey Ferguson 135

/ Massey Ferguson 135 #11  
It's a gas and I'm not sure on the year. He's wanting to get rid of it so he can get a dump trailer. He was having a problem with it wanting to flood out and foul the plugs. He had the carb rebuilt by this old guy and bought the anti-foul pieces for the plugs and it runs like a champ.
I'll try to find out what year it is.

/ Massey Ferguson 135 #12  
I love my 135 but the pedals are tough to push. I raised the seat mount almost 3" and it's a lot better. The diesel is dead reliable and traction is not too bad with the tires loaded. Good old unit.
Jim

/ Massey Ferguson 135 #13  
Over the years we had two MF 135's and one MF 150. Those tractors did more hard work and had more hours on them than any tractor before or since on this farm. The 150 when I sold it to my BIL had 5,600 hrs on it. Had 7200 on it when he sold it. Had one clutch put in up to that point.

We pulled 3 bottom 16's with them all. The only weak point I saw with any of them was the ring gear and pinion. Every one of them chipped and MF had an upgrade to replace the oem that was far better than what came in the tractor.

One reason they pulled so well for their size is where the lift arms are connected under the axle. It's not far from being in front of the axle. That gave them a lot of down force.

I don't know if any of you MF folks know this but. If the tractor were to cut off and can't start it in the field with the lift down and the implement in the ground: 1. put the pto in grear(540). 2. take the transmission out of gear.3. Lock the brake. 4. reach down and grab the pto shaft or put something through the hole and rock the pto shaft back and forth. You can raise the lift without the engine running. I guess that was some pretty worthless info. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Unless you need to tow that tractor out without leaving the implement in the field. But I thought it was a pretty nice option.

Pound for pound those MF's(135 and 150) were the best tractors ever on this farm.

/ Massey Ferguson 135 #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I don't know if any of you MF folks know this but. If the tractor were to cut off and can't start it in the field with the lift down .....grab the pto shaft or put something through the hole and rock the pto shaft back and forth )</font>

That's the classic 'ferguson' system at work.. belly pump.. etc.

Ford N series from 1939-1952 will work the same way... put pto in gear, block clutch and brake. put tranny in neutral.. spin pto shaft by hand and lift comes up.

That's also a way to test tractor hyds without the tractor running.. sort of a quickie...very telltale about the condition of the lift cyl.. etc.

Soundguy