Massey Harris "pony"

/ Massey Harris "pony" #1  

dave85

Massey Harris \"pony\"

May have a trade worked on one of these. Is "pony" right? Can anyone tell me anything about these?
Thanks,
Dave

/ Massey Harris "pony" #3  
Re: Massey Harris \"pony\"

I know the MHP shares many engine parts with the allis chalmers G n-62 continental engine ( though the block is different due to the way the starter mounts. etc..)

Close your eyes and think "IH cub" when it comes to size and general looks.. almost as strong as a cub too.. though as I recall early cubs have the mhp by about 1hp, and later cubs have them by a couple more.

Soundguy

/ Massey Harris "pony" #4  

Check your year model. Earlier models didn't have hydraulics. Good littl tractors. Sort of like the Farmall Cub.
BobG in VA

/ Massey Harris "pony"

Thanks for the link, billG. It has no hydralics, does start and run. Paint is faded, has cultivators and really good tires.
One site I went to had some for sale, from $500 running to $4500 in show condition.
I'll be using it in MO in a couple of years just for garden work. If I can get it for 800-1000, I should be safe huh.
Why would I buy a tractor now, 2 years and 1700 miles from where I'll be using it? Just lucky, I guess. LOL
Thanks,

dave

/ Massey Harris "pony" #6  

Untill the time comes to use it for work, use it in parades. They(old tractors) are really popular in parades. I have had my Farmall-A in a number of parades, mostly towing Cub Scout floats. It is a lot of fun(ie Cub Scout motto "Fun Fun Fun!").

/ Massey Harris "pony" #7  

They are a pretty neat tractor. I've never seen one except on Classic Tractors video. Like the others say they are "cub" sized presumably for the small market farmer.